NEurope
nightwolf

Cataclysm: World of Warcraft

Woo and yay! Hit level 50 earlier. The group finder for dungeons is awesome.

Got an email from GAME about the CE being reduced to £49.99, saves me a much needed tenner. A bit happier about buying it now.

Got an email from GAME about the CE being reduced to £49.99, saves me a much needed tenner. A bit happier about buying it now.

That's great, I'm tempted to get it depending on my pay this month!

It looked like the old zones levelled you up faster, some alts have went up quickly for players. I know that WotLK zones got reduced by 20%, but that's it.

I want to get the CE, but didn't pre-order. Can probably walk in and get it if it's a decent price. Saying that, i'd be happy to get even the normal version delivered just now due to the snow. Will suck if I can't get on come Monday night.

Not happy got an email saying that GAME were putting the price back up to £59.99, but I wouldn't get charged that. Then got a novelty email about Deathwing (basically covering their fuck up) and a £5 discount code for a future order to soften the blow of the price actually going back to £59.99 and being charged that.

Needless to same GAME just received a complaint email, not that they'll actually read it..

I normally wouldn't be annoyed because I did pre-order it at that price its the two emails that stated should the price go up I wouldn't pay more than the cheapest price I was told. Annoying.

It looked like the old zones levelled you up faster, some alts have went up quickly for players. I know that WotLK zones got reduced by 20%, but that's it.

I want to get the CE, but didn't pre-order. Can probably walk in and get it if it's a decent price. Saying that, i'd be happy to get even the normal version delivered just now due to the snow. Will suck if I can't get on come Monday night.

1-60 was heavily reduced around the launch of TBC. I don't know that they've reduced it since but my feeling is that if they've re designed the questing as heavily as they've suggested (something like 3,000 new quests) then it will flow better and levelling will be faster.

speculation, mind.

Well since resubbing 4 days ago, I've gone from level 46 to level 56 and a half. It's been great fun.

Got my first taste of expansion content earlier when I created a Death Knight. The opening quests are great. I also stumbled through the Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands as my quests took me to the area, quickly checked out Outland (pretty!) before running right back through :P

Shame there aren't any new Hero classes in Cata. I'd love to have that 'day one' rush!

I did something bad.

Yesterday I took advantage of the deal and bought WoW BC WotLK and Cataclysm at once for a smooth $60. I really only wanted to get the first 2 expansions and the main game for 20 (as the site's immediately advertised) but after clicking around a bit the only deal they seemed to want to offer was what I took. I don't like how their site is setup in that regard.

I've managed to make a level 5 Shaman. I don't hold much attachment to it as I don't even know what server I'm on ect.

levelflow.jpg

Seems like there is far less to do for 80-85 than 60-70 or 70-80 :( Might create a Goblin.

To be fair, Outland and Northrend had 7 odd zones for 10 levels, we have 5 for 5 levels. And as Dan Dare, there's much more end game content this time around. And I think so far, there are more quets in the Zones compared to Northrend.

Well since resubbing 4 days ago, I've gone from level 46 to level 56 and a half. It's been great fun.

Got my first taste of expansion content earlier when I created a Death Knight. The opening quests are great. I also stumbled through the Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands as my quests took me to the area, quickly checked out Outland (pretty!) before running right back through :P

Shame there aren't any new Hero classes in Cata. I'd love to have that 'day one' rush!

It's probably a bit too soon for another Hero class, maybe in the next expansion. Death Knights where a given due to it being the LK expansion and fit the lore, but with Cataclysm there wasn't really a class that would fit being added or with the Lore.

Thing with the DKs when folk started, there was so many, and they all sucked :heh:

But trust me when I say, there's going to be an epic rush of folk come Cata with masses amount of people going to Hyjal and Uldum. It's going to be freaking busy at those places especially. People have been looking forward to those since WoW launched.

But good to see you're enjoying this so far.

I did something bad.

Yesterday I took advantage of the deal and bought WoW BC WotLK and Cataclysm at once for a smooth $60. I really only wanted to get the first 2 expansions and the main game for 20 (as the site's immediately advertised) but after clicking around a bit the only deal they seemed to want to offer was what I took. I don't like how their site is setup in that regard.

I've managed to make a level 5 Shaman. I don't hold much attachment to it as I don't even know what server I'm on ect.

Good price to be fair, and was probably worth getting the whole thing. You'd probably just end up buying Cata when you reached 80. Especially if you're enjoying it.

Been trying to get the Loremaster achievement in Outland. Just one section left. Zangarmash and Nagrand(bloody Nagrand) took so long to do. Not even going to say how I finished Nagrand, but I spent literally hours throughout yesterday/late last night/this morning trying to get 6 or so quests done.

Had a little look at Hyjal and Uldum yesterday thanks to Far Sight on the Shammy. My god those places look cool. Can't wait!

Edited by ShadowV7

This question might sound a bit n00b-esque, but it's the first time an expansion's been released while I've been playing WoW and was just wondering: I'm all patched up and up to date. Will I need to install Cataclysm off the DVD or can I just enter the product key into battle.net?

The way battle.net makes it sound to me is that you can just enter the key in and play it.

This question might sound a bit n00b-esque, but it's the first time an expansion's been released while I've been playing WoW and was just wondering: I'm all patched up and up to date. Will I need to install Cataclysm off the DVD or can I just enter the product key into battle.net?

DON'T USE THE DISC!

seriously. I did that and shitfucked my client install- had to download the entire game twice.

Excellent. I think that's a pretty clear warning, right there!

Also, Amazon have decided to ship my Cataclysm today. Shame pre-release day delivery won't mean jack in this case, but I'll be able to look at the pretty pictures on the box. I guess.

EDIT: Actually, on closer inspection, the estimated delivery is the 8th... Stupid twatting snow... but I am getting it for under £20 with first class delivery...

Edited by ShavenWolf

DON'T USE THE DISC!

seriously. I did that and shitfucked my client install- had to download the entire game twice.

Hmm, the other two installing from the discs was the way to go.

GAME haven't shipped mine even though its been "picked and packing" for over a day. Better ship it tomorrow so it arrives Monday, or I'll cry... Ok I won't cry I'll just miss out on cata going live.

yeah the new client service changed that though.

actually, I think it's more to do with the combining of the two. Whatever.

Hmm, the other two installing from the discs was the way to go.

Yeah, I was thinking that. But all the content seems to be ready - Azeroth's been changed, new locations are there, even the opening cinematic's installed already - so it just had me wondering what exactly needed to still be installed!

GAME haven't shipped mine even though its been "picked and packing" for over a day. Better ship it tomorrow so it arrives Monday, or I'll cry... Ok I won't cry I'll just miss out on cata going live.

Same here, and I will actually cry! :(

Little concerned think they've shipped mine with Parcelforce, which could mean a tuesday delivery. ;_;

I've just got my e-mail despatch e-mail for the despatch of my game.

Just check out the tracking number and its being sent via 'Express 24'

My PC graphics card blew up on Friday so I havnt been able to get my wow fix.. I'm actually missing it!

Luckily my brand spanking new PC arrives tomorrow - hell yes :D

I've just got my e-mail despatch e-mail for the despatch of my game.

Just check out the tracking number and its being sent via 'Express 24'

Mine's the same. Fingers crossed they arrive tomorrow!

FYI we got them and the strat guides in at work :P

Oh and the ltd editions too! Word of advice - don't bother with the strategy guide. It's naff.

FYI we got them and the strat guides in at work :P

Oh and the ltd editions too! Word of advice - don't bother with the strategy guide. It's naff.

My work didn't have them yesterday (we've had stupidly bad weather) so probably getting it in tomorrow.

But you got your new PC just in time! Been thinking about getting a new graphics card myself, one here kinda sucks.

Does your work have an embargo on Cata at all? Heard GAME has it, which is stupid seeing as even if you get it early, it does nothing at all anyway.