NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sarka

Pokemon Blue! (or Red...)

Just hook yourself up with Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald. They can't beat Red/Blue nostalgia wise, but there is more strategy to them. And knowing how to EV train has added a new element.

I've clocked 450+ hours on Ruby. Awesome game, I love it.

I was playing Sapphire today, I've decided to try and get all my pokemon up to lv100, then try and catch em all. I know nothing about EV though... :indeed:

EVs are effort values, its all about the game mechanics and how stats are worked out and can be improved by training the right EVs. When you defeat a Pokémon it gives you a certain EV (Speed, Attack etc) and either 1,2, or 3. A Pokémon maxes out at 510, a stat can only hold 255 max, so usually you max out two stats and slap 6 in another stat. Its complicated stuff.

I tried to do the EV traing so i could beat my mates easily but I just got bored and levelled them up with good movesets which did the job.

I agree with everyone here that the feeling of playing the original Pokemon games cant be matched by the new generation. Also the first time I used the N64 pak to play with my Pokemon in 3d.....ah magical times.

I got blue for £3 in cash converters and red for £5 in GAME. I have all the pokemon games. I don't play them anymore, but I liked them when I hadn't completed them. Crystal was my favourite.

i get little phases where i just wanan pick up my old copy of blue and immerse myself for a few days, ive never replayed another game as much as pokemon blue

thanks for leaf green sarka. <3

You'll regret giving her Leaf Green when she dumps you..

Err.. umm.. :woops:

*runs*

You'll regret giving her Leaf Green when she dumps you..

Err.. umm.. :woops:

*runs*

I'm already regretting it, I want it. Damn you! Anyway, I spent £6 today on cards... damn those shiny shiny booster packs! :shakehead

hmmmmm, I feel I should retaliate, but am not sure of a suitabley witty response.

Can't remember whats good and whats not with the pokemon. Had Emerald for a while and still barely through it, may buy the guide from work. I used to like it when it was cool, then grew out of it cause you know, I was a high school kid and wasn't seen as good to like it. Now im just digging it again, more confident in being like "Well I life it so fuck you."

I really want the first season on DVD, looked on ebay for some shifty copies but nothing last time I checked. Also want to see all the movies and I may get Gale of Darkness, even if it is apparently meh. Might have to fix my N64 and play Snap too.

Hehe, I love Pokemon so much, then went out a bit like everyone else. Now I iz back! I got 10 people to get back into Pokemon, they were saying its crap, now they've spent over £50 on Pokemon Cards.

I would loving having loads of people around me to play Pokemon Red/Blue/Emerald/Leaf Green with. Sadly there is only 1 :(

It's so good!

Hehe, I love Pokemon so much, then went out a bit like everyone else. Now I iz back! I got 10 people to get back into Pokemon, they were saying its crap, now they've spent over £50 on Pokemon Cards.

I would loving having loads of people around me to play Pokemon Red/Blue/Emerald/Leaf Green with. Sadly there is only 1 :(

It's so good!

Well me and sarkas_girly are coming down to Aberdeen in February. We could meet up and play if you were desperate. That'd be fun, and hopfully challenging, unlike some people around here. :nono:

Well me and sarkas_girly are coming down to Aberdeen in February. We could meet up and play if you were desperate. That'd be fun, and hopfully challenging, unlike some people around here. :nono:

I am desperate :P

And February is my birthday (28th tho) \o/ :bouncy:

Okay: Vital decision folk, Christmas time, Gameboy SP or Gameboy Micro? I have a GBA original and DS. SP would be useful for old GB games, Micro is sexy though and I want it (or the Red SP).

well, I like the whole flip screen thing on the SP, but the micro is so small.

Micro!!! ^.^

I had like NO money!!!...And I stopped buying them a long time ago,

oh, i guess I can forgive you then...

Sign in to follow this