NEurope
ReZourceman

Pokémafia 7 : Trust No One

The mafia could have had a bit more confusion and lies to work through in my opinion. They had it a bit too easy. It's always risky to make the GM untrustworthy as it risks making the game unfair.

I wasn't defending MadDog because I believed him to be good. I defended him because I had no evidence to think he wasn't. Since Chairdriver was good, that lead that Dannyboy had was pure luck. MadDog did nothing suspicious, although his power didn't sound very townie.

Well played mafia.

Can't believe you lynched Ellmeister though, no reason to.

Also me and HeroJan were right about Sméagol. You should have listened to us.

Wish I'd voted sméagol now instead of Ellmeister. It was only me and Paj that voted for Ell and the mafia jumped on it.

If I had read the thread in time I would've withdrawn my vote once I saw that Ell had just gotten confused between the mafias. Oh well.

[..]

Also me and HeroJan were right about Sméagol. You should have listened to us.

Don't know what you're talking about. I assure you I'm town.

I don't know if you're joking Sméagol or just being stupid.

Sméagol was Surskit, tiny roleblocker who never appeared in the write up.

I don't know if you're joking Sméagol or just being stupid.

SOMEBODY MUST BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE WRITE-UP!!!

The mafia could have had a bit more confusion and lies to work through in my opinion. They had it a bit too easy. It's always risky to make the GM untrustworthy as it risks making the game unfair.

I think it was pretty balanced actually. Mafia played very well. They did get a bit lucky hitting the investigator straight away, but then town goofed up by just deciding to completely ignore Dyson's power, and the mafia being so organised it just worked out for them.

It was so good watching this game.

My personal highlight was watching two townies have a 10 page argument. :p

I'll do the extremely important epilogue later today, so keep your eyes peeled. :D

We did have some very lucky hits erarly on... a jailkeeper and an investigator.

That said I was completely convinced of the mole being real after maddog was tracked 1st night, Aqui1a the second and then Tales killed out of nowhere!

That being said... I liked the idea of the mole but the mafia didn't really have a course of action if they'd figured out who it was... risk nightkilling one of their own or risk exposing them to a lynching.. and no way to confirm.

Also, Rummy must have loved his role.. neutral and night kill immune :D

GG ReZ

Cheers guys.

Why did my power seem to not protect and it was always failing. I don't understand!

Night 1 = You targeted Chairdriver, who was fragile (can't be protected)

Night 2 = You targeted Nintendohnut, who was immune to all powers.

Night 3 = You targeted Diageo. That worked, but he wasn't attempted to be killed.

Night 4 = You targeted MadDog, again no kill attempt.

Night 5 = You targeted Cube, again no kill attempt.

Good game. Loved being a part of the mafia. I liked the mole part like Marcimillian, at point I was considering persuading him to night kill Smeagol :P

It was a good game, but I think the mafia needed more reason to distrust. Us townies were fooled about a lot of people/things.

Overall I'd say it was pretty balanced but townies just didn't do enough/Diageo's attitude in protecting Maddog effectively excused our suspicions against Maddog.

Good game, bit dodgy you moving the goalposts ReZ, but I thought you might be. I didn't feel as much into it because I was worried however, you may have been serious about killing me, so I avoided revealing anything. Also not very tempting to play when you only need to survive! The immune to night kill thing was no big deal, but I thought if they mafia realised they might try to lynch meee! Though Marcamillian, how did you know I was immune to night kills?

We tried to kill you and it didn't work. It was the night I was killed instead.

I didn't like this one as much as previous games, reading over the roles.

Stuff like Lickylick adds, when there is more of a joke attached -- like if he could only win once a certain other player had been killed or something. A neutral that can win by just sitting there takes away.

@ Rummy, its not moving the goalposts, its just lying about where they were. :p

Epilogue

The remaining mafia members lead by Kyogre were awaiting the arrival of their master. Surfing Pikachu was unsure why everyone was so nervous. The lights flickered, and the Pokemon heard a smash. A large giant black snake like Pokemon had ripped a gorge through the island, and broken a piece of it off. The mafia floated away in their own island. They watched the large Pokemon flash and zap into a Pokeball. They recognised the Pokemon as shiny Rayquaza.

384.png

The door opened. In stepped a partly cyborg shiny Mewtwo, with impressive cannons on his arms.

MewtwoCyberpngy.png

The water Pokemon bowed their heads immediately. Surfing Pikachu looked around, and then followed suit. The hesitation was not good enough. Cybernetic Mewtwo charged his cannon. Surfing Pikachu looked up, and Cybernetic Mewtwo blasted the poor Pikachu. He disintegrated leaving no body behind.

"There is no room for weakness in my order." he uttered. "Electric Pokemon are weak. This was proven in the last mission. Now, I will open a portal and you will join the other succesful soldiers. We have training to do."

Cybernetic Mewtwo opened a portal, and one by one the Pokemon entered, a flash of light as each Pokemon stepped through the great beyond. But before the last Pokemon entered Cybernetic Mewtwo put his hand out and stopped him. Except for you. Cybernetic Mewtwo quietly barked his orders to the last Pokemon. "Find Luvdiscs body. Bring him to me. He proved himself to be a powerful killer and I believe I can restore his life. When you have done this you will both go to the mountain of the dragons, and watch over my final recruits." Cybernetic Mewtwo stepped towards the portal..."This will be useful." and he threw the Pokemon a modified Pokedex. Cybernetic Mewtwo walked through the portal and was gone.

END

The Pokemafia Saga will continue in.....

Pokemafia 8 : Crusade of the Dragons

but then town goofed up by just deciding to completely ignore Dyson's power, and the mafia being so organised it just worked out for them.

This power?

Absol (Amnesia) You must target a character each night. (Trust No One Unbeknownst Role Information - the target will be investigated and incorrect information will be sent to a random player.)

Dyson told us that he didn't know what his power was and he thought he got a random power each night.

Also a random player being sent incorrect info isn't much for the town to go on :S

This power?

Dyson told us that he didn't know what his power was and he thought he got a random power each night.

Also a random player being sent incorrect info isn't much for the town to go on :S

It is though, I mean five people got PMs, only a few actually talked about it. On the night that Tales died, someone got a PM saying Tales was a townie. But no one questioned it at all really. With the investigator gone there were never many PMs sent out, so I just found that surprising. Also I don't think Dyson said he got a random power, he just said he didn't know what it did.

----------

Night Actions

Gulpin (Investigator) Jonnas DUMB COP INVESTIGATES Lucario (Serial Killer) Paj Meen Ah

Smoochum (Protector) Ellmeister PROTECTS (FAILS) Kakuna (Partner, Fragile Tracker) Chairdriver

Absol (Amnesia) Dyson DUMB COP MESSAGE SENDS Absol (Amnesia) Dyson TO Lucario (Serial Killer) Paj Meen Ah

Lucario (Serial Killer) Paj Meen Ah KILLS Shiney Pikachu - (Uber) (Mirror Tracker, Lynch Halt) The Peeps

Kakuna (Partner, Fragile Tracker) Chairdriver TRACKERS Kyogre - (Mafia Don) (Invisible Influential) - Marcamillian

Metapod (Partner, Fragile Tracker) Dannyboy-the-Dane TRACKERS Lileep (Partner, Mirror Redirector) MadDog

Muk (Jailkeep) Zell JAILKEEP Surfing Pikachu (Power Protector, Tide Rider) Cube

Surfing Pikachu (Power Protector, Tide Rider) Cube POWER PROTECTS (FAILS) Tentacool (Ink Splash, Clear Body) Nintendohnut

Surskit (Tiny Roleblocker) - Sméagol ROLEBLOCKS Minezumi (Roleblocker) MoogleViper

Lileep (Partner, Mirror Redirector) MadDog KILLS Muk (Jailkeep) Zell

Tentacool (Ink Splash, Clear Body) Nintendohnut INK SPLASH Lileep (Partner, Mirror Redirector) MadDog

Luvdisc (Redirector) - Aqui1a RANDOM REDIRECT Venomoth (Influential, Stun Spore Lynchbomb) heroicjanitor

(Partner, Stalker) Diageo STALKS Venomoth (Influential, Stun Spore Lynchbomb) heroicjanitor

Smoochum (Protector) Ellmeister PROTECTS (FAILS) Tentacool (Ink Splash, Clear Body) Nintendohnut

Metapod (Partner, Fragile Tracker) Dannyboy-the-Dane TRACKERS Absol (Amnesia) Dyson

Minezumi (Roleblocker) MoogleViper ROLEBLOCKS Absol (Amnesia) Dyson

Kakuna (Partner, Fragile Tracker) Chairdriver TRACKERS Luvdisc (Redirector) - Aqui1a

Absol (Amnesia) Dyson DUMB COP MESSAGE SENDS Lileep (Partner, Mirror Redirector) MadDog TO Chairdriver

Surfing Pikachu (Power Protector, Tide Rider) Cube POWER PROTECTS (MIRRORD) Lileep (Partner, Mirror Redirector) MadDog

Gulpin (Investigator) Jonnas DUMB COP INVESTIGATES Metapod (Partner, Fragile Tracker) Dannyboy-the-Dane

Lucario (Serial Killer) Paj Meen Ah KILLS (FAILS) Anorith (Partner, Stalker) Diageo

Surskit (Tiny Roleblocker) - Sméagol ROLEBLOCKS Smoochum (Protector) Ellmeister

Lileep (Partner, Mirror Redirector) MadDog MIRROR REDIRECT Lucario (Serial Killer) Paj Meen Ah

Tentacool (Ink Splash, Clear Body) Nintendohnut INK SPLASH Luvdisc (Redirector) - Aqui1a

Luvdisc (Redirector) - Aqui1a KILLS Gulpin (Investigator) Jonnas

Lanturn (Electric Light Message Beacon, Vote Forcer) Tales VOTE FORCE Luvdisc (Redirector) - Aqui1a TO Dannyboy

NIGHT THREE

Anorith (Partner, Stalker) Diageo STALKS (FAILS) Tentacool (Ink Splash, Clear Body) Nintendohnut

Beedrill (Double Team, Tracker) Chairdriver DOUBLE TEAM TRACKERS Minezumi (Roleblocker) ThePeeps

Minezumi (Roleblocker) ThePeeps ROLEBLOCKS Anorith (Partner, Stalker) Diageo

Surfing Pikachu (Power Protector, Tide Rider) Cube POWER PROTECTS Surskit (Tiny Roleblocker) - Sméagol

Smoochum (Protector) Ellmeister PROTECTS Anorith (Partner, Stalker) Diageo

Lucario (Serial Killer) Paj Meen Ah KILLS Lanturn (Electric Light Message Beacon, Vote Forcer) Tales

Absol (Amnesia) Dyson DUMB COP MESSAGE SENDS Lanturn (Electric Light Message Beacon, Vote Forcer) Tales to Diageo

Surskit (Tiny Roleblocker) - Sméagol ROLEBLOCKS Beedrill (Double Team, Tracker) Chairdriver

Luvdisc (Redirector) - Aqui1a KILLS (FAILS) Lickylicki (Survivor) Rummy

Tentacool (Ink Splash, Clear Body) Nintendohnut INK SPLASH Luvdisc (Redirector) - Aqui1a

Lileep (Partner, Mirror Redirector) MadDog MIRROR REDIRECT Lucario (Serial Killer) Paj Meen Ah

NIGHT FOUR

Absol (Amnesia) Dyson DUMB COP MESSAGE SENDS Lickylicki (Survivor) Rummy TO Chairdriver

Surfing Pikachu (Power Protector, Tide Rider) Cube POWER PROTECTS Lucario (Serial Killer) Paj Meen Ah

Lucario (Serial Killer) Paj Meen Ah KILLS (FAILS) Luvdisc (Redirector) - Aqui1a

Anorith (Partner, Stalker) Diageo STALKS Lucario (Serial Killer) Paj Meen Ah

Beedrill (Double Team, Tracker) Chairdriver DOUBLE TEAM TRACKERS Minezumi (Roleblocker) ThePeeps

Minezumi (Roleblocker) ThePeeps ROLEBLOCKS Surfing Pikachu (Power Protector, Tide Rider) Cube

Smoochum (Protector) Ellmeister PROTECTS Lileep (Partner, Mirror Redirector) MadDog TO ???

Surskit (Tiny Roleblocker) - Sméagol ROLEBLOCKS Beedrill (Double Team, Tracker) Chairdriver

Luvdisc (Redirector) - Aqui1a KILLS Absol (Amnesia) Dyson

NIGHT FIVE

Minezumi (Roleblocker) ThePeeps ROLEBLOCKS (FAILS) Tentacool (Ink Splash, Clear Body) Nintendohnut

Anorith (Partner, Stalker) Diageo STALKS Surskit (Tiny Roleblocker) - Sméagol

Smoochum (Protector) Ellmeister PROTECTS Surfing Pikachu (Power Protector, Tide Rider) Cube

Surfing Pikachu (Power Protector, Tide Rider) Cube POWER PROTECTS (FAILS) Tentacool (Ink Splash, Clear Body) Nintendohnut

Lucario (Serial Killer) Paj Meen Ah KILLS Luvdisc (Redirector) - Aqui1a

Surskit (Tiny Roleblocker) - Sméagol RECRUITS Surfing Pikachu (Power Protector, Tide Rider) Cube

Luvdisc (Redirector) - Aqui1a KILLS Beedrill (Double Team, Tracker) Chairdriver

Lileep (Partner, Mirror Redirector) MadDog MIRROR REDIRECT Minezumi (Roleblocker) ThePeeps

We tried to kill you and it didn't work. It was the night I was killed instead.

Wait what, I wasn't just immune to night kills, I reflected them? Haha, that's ridiculously awesome, if a little overpowered. Then again, I was told I couldn't even mention anything about myself, OR say I couldn't say anything about myself, so I guess it mucked me up a bit cos I couldn't go all guns blazing with immunity.

As much as I wasn't into this as some previous mafias, I definitely think it's good in the way that it mixed up the standard formula quite alot. Mafias can get a bit samey after a bit(highlighted a bit by Ell's mixup with the Gent's mafia).

Wait what, I wasn't just immune to night kills, I reflected them? Haha, that's ridiculously awesome, if a little overpowered. Then again, I was told I couldn't even mention anything about myself, OR say I couldn't say anything about myself, so I guess it mucked me up a bit cos I couldn't go all guns blazing with immunity.

As much as I wasn't into this as some previous mafias, I definitely think it's good in the way that it mixed up the standard formula quite alot. Mafias can get a bit samey after a bit(highlighted a bit by Ell's mixup with the Gent's mafia).

(Just to clarify, you didn't reflect night kills, its just that Paj Meen Ah went for the person who tried to kill you on the same night)

I still think balancing the game is the core element that needs to be handled properly. With the more difficult approach for the townies in the past few games, I think we players need to become more aggressive, otherwise the mafia has it too easy every time.

I still think balancing the game is the core element that needs to be handled properly. With the more difficult approach for the townies in the past few games, I think we players need to become more aggressive, otherwise the mafia has it too easy every time.

(I think I balanced this game very well)