NEurope
How do you pronounce English?

Haha thanks for all the compliments on my accent guys! And I'll assume a Cockney accent is nothing bad, right? =P

Ah I think the video makes my eyes look worse than they are... maybe. They're not really sore any more though luckily. =)

Cockney isn't so bad. You do the accent better than the locals heh. Its like a lovely easy to understand version!

I'm glad your eyes are doing well, you've been through the mill a bit lately haven't you?! *fingers crossed* for a perfect recovery! I might be getting surgery too heh!

Awww Eenuh, you accent and your video is very cute! I'm sorry for making fun of you too :( If it helps, it sounds you've gotten it down a bit more(the word throw, at least :p). I think why I found it amusing was because you accent sounded so good, just with odd rather dutch sounding words here and there, but I hope it never felt mean!

I do agree Danny, you sound exceedingly British to an extent, there's actually something about the way you talk that reminds me alot of someone I know, I think he had elocution lessons of some sort when he was little also, have you just learnt your english(lol typed british) from school/english speaking stuff? More british or more american stuff, if they've have an influence?

And your eyes look sore!!

I don't think so. I was going to comment on how lovely her eyes were, but thought that I may get the Dannyboy treatment so decided not to.

Awww Eenuh, you accent and your video is very cute! I'm sorry for making fun of you too :( If it helps, it sounds you've gotten it down a bit more(the word throw, at least :p). I think why I found it amusing was because you accent sounded so good, just with odd rather dutch sounding words here and there, but I hope it never felt mean!

I do agree Danny, you sound exceedingly British to an extent, there's actually something about the way you talk that reminds me alot of someone I know, I think he had elocution lessons of some sort when he was little also, have you just learnt your english(lol typed british) from school/english speaking stuff? More british or more american stuff, if they've have an influence?

What I particularly noticed in Eenuh's video was how she pronounces V like F. Now, that's a cute accent trait if I ever heard one! :hehe:

I started having English in school in 4th grade, meaning I was about 10 years old at the time, but already then I had learned some English from on-screen text and video game manuals to the point where I was able to understand basic texts. The strange thing is, I'm not entirely sure why my accent is predominantly British. I mean, most video games, even in Europe, are in American English, and the majority of TV shows I've watched have been American as well. I have watched and loved British stuff like Keeping Up Appearances, the James Bond films, Harry Potter etc., so I guess I've just preferred the British accent more or less subconsciously.

I looove Ine's accent. However, I'm almighty disappointed that she didn't use several of her trademark words, such as "snack" or "stuff" or "candies" or even "yummy foood."

I definitely here the Dutch-ness during snack and stuff. "Do you want a schnack, Jeem?"

:D

Its very soft. Flemish has got a nice sound to it. Very easy on the ears, like really good music. I've got a few Dutch friends, and their accents tend to be quite a bit harsher.

I've got a mix of northern and southern. I refuse to completely let go of my southern accent, so constantly find myself switching depending on where I am and who I'm with. The southern accent just does things for me. I can't help but find it a total turn on.