NEurope
chairdriver

Friend Attacked (Thrip)

Was he acting like a homophobe/prick before your friend spoke to him or was he just asking where the nearest cash point was in the normal way?

What's it matter? (I feel like such a short post comes across as rude, but I'm genuinely asking)

Was he acting like a homophobe/prick before your friend spoke to him or was he just asking where the nearest cash point was in the normal way?

He was just a guy. Who I paid no more attention to than I would anyone else on a saturday night before he asked me where the atm was.

I see where you're going, my quote is a bit off - its not exactly like you can easily identify a violent person preemptively.

At the end of the day, what's done is done. I have sense not to be a cunt to people in public. Maybe other people could take that moral from this fable? But it would be the worst thing to come to the conclusion that homophobic violence isn't a problem.

What's it matter? (I feel like such a short post comes across as rude, but I'm genuinely asking)

I'm basically trying to figure out if he was rude to someone they knew to be a homophobe or someone who was just asking for directions.

If he was just asking for directions, the whole "we shouldn't have to hide from/put up with homophobes" thing is invalid in this case.

Also, I'm an inquisitive little shit.

Oh, dude, fuck that shit.

In no way do I (I dunno about everyone else who said similar stuff but I'm sure they agree) at all favour the dickhead who obviously has a penis shorter than his temper.

Dickheads who wander the street totally willing to knob someone in the face are... well, cunts, perversely. We all make verbal slip-ups to strangers and we all hope we won't get knifed in the face for what is ultimately a minute faux pas. The cunt who felt it was within his rights to nut your mate will eventually be comissioned to break rocks and have his anus stretched, mark my words.

I understand the stress of the moment is something that haunts you, that drove your desire to share it with us. I want you to know that a) head wounds always bleed heabvily, b) we love you and all that you do and c) white trousers should remain in the 80's.

Well sometimes I feel people's responses come in the form of "Why are you telling us this..?".

(In answer to that -- I don't know. Things just are.)

----

A woman contacted me on Facebook, asking for my number to speak to me after having heard about it through a mutual friend. She spoke to me, and she's going to use parts of what I said in a newstory.

In no way do I (I dunno about everyone else who said similar stuff but I'm sure they agree) at all favour the dickhead who obviously has a penis shorter than his temper.

Dickheads who wander the street totally willing to knob someone in the face are... well, cunts, perversely. We all make verbal slip-ups to strangers and we all hope we won't get knifed in the face for what is ultimately a minute faux pas. The cunt who felt it was within his rights to nut your mate will eventually be comissioned to break rocks and have his anus stretched, mark my words.

Oh definitely. The guy was a prick no doubt. I'm just trying to figure out if it was a homophobic attack or if his violence was caused by his friend being rude. Mainly because I like to figure out the psychology behind such things.

The way I see it, there's 2 things that could have happened: the guy could have just been an easy to anger type of person who just headbutts people with little reason (with the homoslur being said out of spite, rather than geniune homophobia) or he could be someone who is completely intolerant of gay people. I'd also wonder if a straight (or at least straight acting) person would have been on the receiving end of a headbutt in the same situation.

Again, I'd like to add that I'm not trying to justify the pricks actions, just understand them (the psychology behind things like this intrigues me). Your friend has my sympathy. No one should have to put up with these sorts of cunts on a night out.

From the iotas of info we have on the occasion, I'd have to go with it not being a homophobic attack. If that were the case then this guy would have to eat a lot of spinach to ensure he had the energy to assault every homo he came across in one day in london. But it's really a moot point. Chair's mate was at the end of an overreaction that potentially could've been avoided if he had a few more grains of sensibility about him. It's two threes and a half-dozen, really.

From the iotas of info we have on the occasion, I'd have to go with it not being a homophobic attack. If that were the case then this guy would have to eat a lot of spinach to ensure he had the energy to assault every homo he came across in one day in london. But it's really a moot point. Chair's mate was at the end of an overreaction that potentially could've been avoided if he had a few more grains of sensibility about him. It's two threes and a half-dozen, really.

Agree with all of this.

Also, that fact that he left Chair alone implies that it wasn't homophobic. Chair strikes me as someone that is "flamboyant" to say the least, so if he was just using the rudeness as an excuse to dish out some homobeating, he could have got two for one. I'm glad he didn't, obviously.

It is a moot point though, he was either an angry prick or a homophobic prick, either way he was a prick. Hope the lawmen catch up with him.

Whatever the reason, people like that are just scum. Absolutely no point in it. Even when people give you a rude response, headbutting them is not exactly a civil answer.

And of course you can share your stories here chairdriver. If people are not interested in them then they simply shouldn't read them. But given the response I do believe people care.

Chair strikes me as someone that is "flamboyant" to say the least

I'm completely defined by my company. If I'm around people who allow me to be happy, I am the happiest person. If I'm around other people, I act like I want people to know I'm not happy (people have said this to me before).

I only like a very small amount of people in this world. [i don't particularly like Johnny, but he provides a strange sense of relief, and I was drunk enough to want to sleep with him.] I don't have time for people I don't like. And the way I act will reflect that -- in that I will be completely lifeless around them.

So yes, I am flayboyant around stunners. Around people who allow me to be flamboyant. In this instance, I was normal guy (with strange accent).

You seem pretty flamboyant in that video I saw of you in the "bored" thread. Although you may feel that n-europe allows you to be flamboyant, and so, I have no idea what you acted like.

Why couldn't this 'thug' have maybe had a very very very terrible day? Something jay half jokingly alluded to earlier on. How is it we're basically judging this person on this one(non-excusable and outrageous) action, and complaining about him judging someone else?

White is the new black.

Tell all your friends.

Racist!

Why couldn't this 'thug' have maybe had a very very very terrible day? Something jay half jokingly alluded to earlier on. How is it we're basically judging this person on this one(non-excusable and outrageous) action, and complaining about him judging someone else?

People are way too quick to interpret what is said and what is meant. Just because we point out that chair's friend's comment was potentially provoking, it doesn't mean we think he "only had himself to blame" or "had it coming". And just because we call the guy a prick for headbutting chair's friend, it doesn't mean we're judging his entire personality. Only this particular action.