N-Europe

Keyboards, keyboards, keyboards...and mice!

nightwolf

So as you can see from the other thread - it looks like my keyboard is on it's way out, luckily it was already going before I stupidly put hot chocolate on it so was planning to replace it.

I have a standard fuji siemens keyboard from when I got my desktop over two years ago, it came as a wireless set with a mouse.

I'm currently looking at the Logitech MK520 as it comes with a mouse - it is quite expensive for me, but the reason being:

- flatter keys

- black

- logitech

I was wondering if anyone can find me some more good deals when it comes to mice and keyboards. I ideally want something that's got a pretty heavy mouse (not massively but my laser mouse at the moment is quite heavy so it'll be weird to get a very light one.) and within £50!

Hmm, haven't checked hardware since I built my computer..

But if you're a PC gamer, and a Logitech guy, I'm thinking the Logitech Ultraflat keyboard, and G500 mouse.

Keyboard is a budget thing, standard, but the mouse is a gamer's mouse. If weight is important to you, well, you can adjust it to your liking. In my opinion, the feel of the mouse is more important than the keyboard, so in this case you'd invest more in the mouse than the keyboard. This combo should fit within your budget, about 60-70 euros here.

Of course I like pretty things, and I don't care about "good deals" :P, so I'd get an Logitech illuminated keyboard before they're gone ;). And some Razer mouse to go with it ;).

And if money's no problem:

[Optimus Maximus]

Well in the end I bought the Microsoft wireless keyboard 3000 - it's had a lot of good reviews and I got it for 25quid. Its really good, nice and light, flat keys and quiet, the only quim is the keys are marked rather than engraved so I imagine they'll come off rather quickly, but I touch type so I don't care.

Wheee.

I have that keyboard! It's nice enough. I got the mouse/keyboard bundle for about £35 a year ago (exactly a year ago today, after checking my emails!) so sounds like you got a decent deal.

The only weird thing is that the wireless signal gets slightly interfered with by my wireless router when I'm maxing out my connection (mainly torrents or newsgroups with several simultaneous connections). The mouse cursor goes all stuttery. I picked a wireless channel that minimises it but it's still noticeable.

I have that keyboard! It's nice enough. I got the mouse/keyboard bundle for about £35 a year ago (exactly a year ago today, after checking my emails!) so sounds like you got a decent deal.

The only weird thing is that the wireless signal gets slightly interfered with by my wireless router when I'm maxing out my connection (mainly torrents or newsgroups with several simultaneous connections). The mouse cursor goes all stuttery. I picked a wireless channel that minimises it but it's still noticeable.

I'm using my own mouse as I've never had any issues with it so it seemed silly to replace it.

I have a cable for my desktop as I don't get the best wireless signal in my room, if anything this keyboard is a lot more responsive than my old keyboard, but that was a two year old keyboard that came as a set with my desktop, so I'm not surprised.

How do the keys hold up Odders? They are obviously stickered on or some sort, not that this bothers me massively as I touch type, but I'm curious as to how long they may last.