NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dazzybee

New Review Site

Hi guys, thanks to this very beloved site (for gaming reviews) and some members here we have the first draft of our Film Review site up...

Would be great if people would give us some feedback on the site, the design, structure etc. And also if you're interested then sign up and start commenting and joining in.

http://www.blueprintreview.co.uk

Thanks!

Cheers nightwolf, we've made a couple of changes so now the banner moves and cleaned it all up slightly.

It looks fantastic, looks like the hard work and the wait really did pay off! Well done to everybody who worked on Blueprint! I put a link of Blueprint on my site, I hope it helps and I hope my readers will visit you! :)

Hi guys, just to say that we're looking to have a bit of a revamp of the site, and would really appreciate any feedback for improvement. I think the user interface isn't perfect and we have loads of changes we plan to make but would be great for some objectivity.

Anything would be appreciated, things you hate, like, would like to see more/less of etc.

My suggestion for making it more user friendly is generally just simplification. The most popular websites have a lot of clearly presented information easily visible straight away, but a lot of your images/features are hidden behind that fancy slideshow, and your latest news are all very spaced out and don't have much of an intro. Also, this is just a personal thing but I don't really like the glossy bevel effect at the top.

Yeah I agree with that. It is a little messy. I'll repost some new designs when we have them. Cheers Shorty!

First impression: very nice! However I think that all of the different sections, and the layout in general, would be more cohesive if you had some kind of background (low opacity colour/image?) to tie it all together instead of the white. I feel like I'm still waiting for a background image to load.

Sign in to follow this