N-Europe

Mafia: Day Phase Length

chairdriver

I'm more in favour of shorter days and nights, and with set length determined in advance, but I think 24 hours is too short. 'm one of those "not so busy" people, but even for me it's easy to miss just one day. Saturday I decided to give my DS some attention again.. Before I knew it, the day was over and I went to bed. I think I was on a bit in the afternoon, but nothing had really happened I believe.

The next day it was clear I missed the actual lynching in the DIY mafia, eventhough I did get my vote in on Friday.

I think it should be at least 2 days for a dayphase, perhaps even 3 to accomodate the "busy" people, but 2 at least. The nightphase should be 1 or 2 days. The way I see it, 3 days for a dayphase, 2 days for a nightphase, when 50% of the players are gone, 2 days for a dayphase, and 1 day for a nightphase.

I'm also in favour of set deadlines, and not starting the nightphase when a majority has been reached. When you say when the day ends on 00:00 CET (for example), don't go end it early, this gives the one to be lynched time to explain and perhaps convince others to withdraw/change their vote. Now, if someone usually is online in the evning or at night, like me, not now obviously in this case, but usually, it's possible the majority already got someone lynched before he/she got to explain the situation.

Anyway, my thoughts as a newbie player.

I'm also in favour of set deadlines, and not starting the nightphase when a majority has been reached. When you say when the day ends on 00:00 CET (for example), don't go end it early, this gives the one to be lynched time to explain and perhaps convince others to withdraw/change their vote. Now, if someone usually is online in the evning or at night, like me, not now obviously in this case, but usually, it's possible the majority already got someone lynched before he/she got to explain the situation.

That's a bit iffy. There has to be a consequence to majority being reached. If people just voted to pressure someone (who wasn't online yet or something), they should know not to get to majority before they come on/learn the consequences if they do.

That's a bit iffy. There has to be a consequence to majority being reached. If people just voted to pressure someone (who wasn't online yet or something), they should know not to get to majority before they come on/learn the consequences if they do.

Hmm that may be an issue, but I don't think it will be a problem.. Simply more people have to vote to actually reach majority. If it has been reached, the to-be-lynched has some convincing to do, because eventhough he's alive at that point, he'll be dead at the deadline if he other people don't withdraw their vote.

It was a joke that Jay said "that someone with crucial info can only ever log-in close to the end of the day." but if someone can only come on at the end of the day, then it could still be posted because a (real life) day is 24 hours.

Yeah but that would be too late in the day to get enough people to vote.