NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ThePigMarcher

Dimebag R.I.P - one year on

Today will probably be overshadowed (and not without reason) , by the 25 year anniversary of the murder of John Lennon.

But , lets not forget that today is also the one year anniversary of the also needless gunning down of ex-Pantera and Damageplan guitarist Dimebag Darrell whilst onstage performing.

Dimebag was in metal circles as highly respected as Lennon was in his field , and was/is a true inspiration for metal guitarists everywhere. So this thread was created for the purpose of the metal fans on this board (of which they appear to be many) to remember this true genius of metal music.

Today , I will not be mourning , but instead honouring the great man with a continual playing of the Pantera back catalogue and the Damageplan release.

Gone but never forgotten , RIP Dimebag. :bowdown:

Still hard to believe that went down. At least he died doing what he does best, instead of some lame geriatric disease like 'heart failure' or 'natural causes' \m/,

R.I.P Dimebag, your music will inspire countless generations of bands, and deservedly.

So dosnt seem like a year :S.

RIP Dimebag you were truely awesome, hope your rocking the heavens \m/

I just started liking Pantera about a week ago. And it definitely doesn't seem like a year ago that it happened. But still, RIP Darrell.

A year has gone so quickly. Like I expect a lot of people will have done, I put on some Pantera as a sign of respect kind of thing.

Jeez, i remember hearing about this a day after it happend!

Time goes quick now...

RIP, sorry about bumping

Sign in to follow this