NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

Serious lack of mafia action right now.

I'd start mine right now but;

1) I could collapse due to the roast dinner I just consumed.

2) I'm seeing RHOD GILBERT in a minute. :D

It'll start tomorrow, you will be thrilled to hear. :)

What's that Rez, you will be starting a pokemafia?

How thrilled to hear it I am.

I actually am though. YAYERZ

Serious lack of mafia action right now.

If I'd known what the current situation would be, I'd have signed up for the Disney mafia. Leaves me one thing to do then.

Would you mind ReZ if i did a Pokémafia? I'm not sure if that will be my next theme, it's just another option i might play around with.

Would you mind ReZ if i did a Pokémafia? I'm not sure if that will be my next theme, it's just another option i might play around with.

No, I'd love to participate in one! :D I'd be enthusiastic if it was part of the series too, albeit a side-storyline, if that fit in with your plans.

Hey y'all. Just saying, in case I forget. I have three mafia games planned, one of them being Gentlemen's II.

I have solid ideas for the three games, but I think I'm nearing my decision. Gents II will NOT be my next game, however. I want to try something different first.

As you've probably guessed, my mafias have been delayed unfortunately due to pretty long hours at work. I'm looking to run them sometime after xmas though : peace:

I never anwsered ReZ's questions from the first post by the way. Since I've participated in a few mafia games now:

What do I like: anyhting that's not a straight standard role or vanilla

Townie or mafia: townie by far. I don't think I'm a great mafia player, although my experience is still limited regarding that. Although I'd love to try out a neutral role.

The last question: well..

I don't like this queue business.

Do you have any ready Jonnas?

Still too early. I've been busy lately, and I still need to come up with 20 acceptable, balanced roles for one theme.

Some research on a certain subject is what I need to do to start this...

Also, Sméagol is next! I don't know the first thing about Battlestar Galactica, but your game sounds very interesting.

Smeagol; I've noticed that you play very differently whether you're mafia or town. If you're town you heavily evaluate teh write-ups -- which is a great help to the town in general, but as mafia obv. your hands are kinda tied, so you show up a bit easier!

Smeagol; I've noticed that you play very differently whether you're mafia or town. If you're town you heavily evaluate teh write-ups -- which is a great help to the town in general, but as mafia obv. your hands are kinda tied, so you show up a bit easier!

Yes, you said that in the Gentlemen's mafia, and I wanted to respond to that, but well, didn't.

See, it's not true actually.

I didn't do them in the GM mafia because I genuinely didn't believe it would be useful (whether I was townie or mafia), since aside from the blue note, the write-up simply elaborately describes one thing.. The mafia kill. From day 2 I already figured out Jonnas's write-ups were actually in the PM's people got, not in the day write-up, which revealed little.

In the Pokémafia 7, I intended to keep doing them, not only to keep my behaviour the same, but also because it was a great opportunity to subtly draw attention away from certain things (*). I did a few of them.

I stopped because I got lazy. Keeping notes the way I think is the best way, is a lot of work :rolleyes:. And then the analyses.. All the formatting..

(*) edit:

To give a great example:

Remember the squirt? Obviously I knew exactly what it was, but I played dumb, and reacted to it exactly in the way I would if I were a townie and really knew nothing about it. I believe it was heroicjanitor who speculated it could be Squirtle using a water based ability, and I of course agreed that was a possibility.

ReZ and my fellow mafia members from that game can back me up on this.. Or I could open up our forum, and you can take a look for yourself.

[..]

Also, Sméagol is next! I don't know the first thing about Battlestar Galactica, but your game sounds very interesting.

Yes, well..

Edited by Sméagol
Automerged Doublepost

I have 2 mafias with 20 roles each both completely ready to go :grin:

There's already 2 running though and Sméagol is definitely next. Hopefully I'll get a chance to jump the queue at some stage :laughing:

Currently active Mafia Games

Disney Mafia (By Chairdriver)

Pokemafia 8 : Crusade of the Dragons (By ReZourceman)

Currently Signing up

Battlestar Gallactica Mafia (By Sméagol)

Signing Up Soon

Deathnote Mafia (By Diageo)

Firefly Mafia (By Cube)

Bare Bones Mafia II (By Dyson)

DC Comincs Mafia (By Paj Meen Ah)

TBC Mafia (By Dannyboy-the-Dane)

TBC Mafia (By Jayseven)

Pirate Mafia (By The Peeps)

Ice Cream Parlour Mafia (By ReZourceman)

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2 : Rematch (By Diageo)

Heroes Mafia (By The Peeps)

TBC Mafia (By Jonnas)

When are you starting your mafia Sméagol? If Chairdriver is going to be away from the 12th then you may as well start it about now? :grin:

Also, if we do have the pokémafia and the BG mafia running together would anyone object if I started mine when the pokémafia finishes?

When are you starting your mafia Sméagol? If Chairdriver is going to be away from the 12th then you may as well start it about now? :grin:

Also, if we do have the pokémafia and the BG mafia running together would anyone object if I started mine when the pokémafia finishes?

A) Yours is one of the ones I'm most hyped for

B) You've not done one before?

C) Probably not many other people are ready/have been as ready as you are for so long.

D Etc.

So yes, I think you should personally.

And the award for most useless post of the year goes to..

You're both tied. Smeag; did you take offense? If it helps, yours is my most anticipated mafia evaaar!

You're both tied. Smeag; did you take offense? If it helps, yours is my most anticipated mafia evaaar!

Offense? From ReZ's reaction? No. From your reaction about me being tied with Dyson? Yes.

Sometimes I just think I can get away with less words than necessary. What I mean with "..", is:

[15] TBA

[16] TBA

I may be too subtle (because I didn't want to bring it up again), but tell me again I'm tied with Dyson for most useless post.

Then don't say anything. Posting ".." is spam in my eyes. And you've done that at least 4 times from my memory.