N-Europe

The Expendables

Fierce_LiNk

I love this movie. It does everything an action movie should do. Regarding some of the scenes, they only added to this.

First of all, the scene with Willis, Stallone and Schwarzenegger was brilliant, I thought. It served no purpose whatsoever except to bring those three together and have some fun with it. Worth the whole movie in my mind.

Secondly, the subplot about Christmas' love life is also entirely pointless, but it's in itself a comment on action movies: We think there's going to be a romantic subplot, yet the next time we cut to it and we see Christmas beating up those guys, the movie just seems to tell us: "No, there is not going to be a romantic subplot. This is an action movie, remember?"

The third and last scene is the one with Mickey Rourke. The point of this scene is that while they're mercenaries, they need to be likable, which is what this scene and its effect is about. I found this to be a great addition.

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen it. As many have said, the end is amazing. Statham's performance reminded me of V for Vendetta with the quick knife action and basically everyone delivering some pr0 beatdown without sustaining minimum damage.

I thought this was pretty good, but the scene with...

Stallone, Willis and Schwarzenegger in it together fell really flat for me. It seemed very forced and cliched. Yes, I know the calibre of the actors involved, but some of the lines were terrible, like Arnie saying they should have dinner in 1000 years, and why did he even show up to the meeting just to turn the job down? It was like they filmed it in one take and just thought sod it, that'll do

He said that he was "busy", could've been a lie.

• 8 months later...

What do you guys want to see in Expendables 2?

I'd like the movie to include an opposing mercenary team, which would contain:

Arnold Schwarzenegger (leader)

Chuck Norris

Jackie Chan

Clint Eastwood

The Rock

Van Damme

Michelle Rodriguez

Imagine having a scene where Dolph Lundgren and Jet Li tag team Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan.

Perhaps Eastwood could be an old guru kind of guy, who was a veteran from the Korea war, who then became a mercenary in Vietnam. There could be a back story on how Stalone and Schwarzenegger became enemies. And of course Rodriguez could just be a bad girl.

What do you guys want to see in Expendables 2?

I'd like the movie to include an opposing mercenary team, which would contain:

Arnold Schwarzenegger (leader)

Chuck Norris

Jackie Chan

Clint Eastwood

The Rock

Van Damme

Michelle Rodriguez

Imagine having a scene where Dolph Lundgren and Jet Li tag team Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan.

Perhaps Eastwood could be an old guru kind of guy, who was a veteran from the Korea war, who then became a mercenary in Vietnam. There could be a back story on how Stalone and Schwarzenegger became enemies. And of course Rodriguez could just be a bad girl.

And I thought the first 'team' was Old Boys Unite.