N-Europe

The Karate Kid (2010)

Mokong

Can't find a thread for this, so here goes.

Anyone go to see the new Karate Kid film yet?

The wife and I went to see it last Saturday, mostly I went just cause Jackie Chan is in it, which I knew I'd do anyway. At about 2 hours 20mins I thought it might get too long, but I actually enjoyed it and it never seemed to drag.

Some good comedy moments like at the start on the plane and little references to original like the chopsticks and mosquito bit. Jaden Smith wasn't too bad in it either, surprised me actually. And you can see a lot of Will Smith in him.

Didn't think the bullys worked as well as they did in the original, maybe because they were younger characters... also some times when they spoke english you still couldn't quite get what they said. There were also a few times when they spoke Chinese and there were no subs, kind of annoying but maybe that was to give the viewer an idea of how Dre felt since he didn't understand them either.

Slightly disappointed Jackie only had the one fight scene though, but it was awesome and he was still great throughout the film anyway.

The end with the tournament was good also though while they tried to stack the odds aggainst Dre they didn't do it as well as in the orginal i thought.

Like in the orginal in the final fight Daniel gets most his points from forfits with the other guy breaking rules and just beating him down. There was a little bit of that in the new one but not to the same level and Dre wins all his points so it doesn't seem too impossible for him to win it.

Although I gotta say the final kick in this was just a little bit better than in the original.

Speaking of the original I ordered 1 & 2 on bluray, should have them in a few days :D

I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a great movie with some entertaining scenes and a very good story. I did think the bullies were seriously too evil and the teacher was vile! I just hated how the movie built up that there would have been a fight between Mr. Han and the teacher and it never happened.

Oh well, still good. 7/10