N-Europe

New Tales Games/Port

Emasher

http://www.examiner.com/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m7d28-Three-new-Tales-games-revealed-Tales-of-Graces-hitting-PS3

-Tales of Graces (a Wii game) is getting ported to the PS3

-New Tales game for the PS3

-New Radiant Mythology game for the PSP

The sad thing about all of this is just like the Vesperia port, and the Wii version of Tales of Graces, we're not going to see any of this in the West.

Hmm...

Pretty much my thoughts at the moment.

What makes me laugh at all of this is the fact that if they had any brains they would make a mainline Tales Of game on the PSP rather then the PS3. It has already been shown that a PSP tales game outsold all other Tales games this generation in Japan. And it was a spinoff.

Stupid Namco are Stupid

Why do Namco Bandai still hesitate to release Tales games outside Japan? The situation in America may seem sad but being a European this makes me even sadder, I love the Tales games I've played, yet in Europe we only have a Nintendo Exclusive Tales of Symphonia franchise and a seemingly Xbox 360 exclusive Tales of Vesperia and a few spin offs on the PSP and GBA, which in my view can't match the mother ship titles. Sometimes it sucks to be a European gamer.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Tales of Phantasia on the GBA wasn't a spin off if that's what you're suggesting. Its an incredibly bad port of the first game in the series.

If only they would release either a localized SNES version on the Virtual console, or a localized PS1 version on the PSN Store.

What makes me laugh at all of this is the fact that if they had any brains they would make a mainline Tales Of game on the PSP rather then the PS3. It has already been shown that a PSP tales game outsold all other Tales games this generation in Japan. And it was a spinoff.

Stupid Namco are Stupid

You mean Vesperia outsold all the others despite being a port and really late. Either way Namco blew it and are now suffering with all the bad decisions.

• 3 weeks later...

Considering how well the tales games that have been released outside of Japan have done, I really can't fathom why they still refuse to release them here.

I mean, with Vesperia they already have the localization done for the 360 version.

As for Graces, I wish Nintendo (or Sony for that matter) would do what they did for Tales of Symphonia and do the localization themselves.

Didn't Vesperia bomb outside Japan though? I'm not surprised they won't bring them out in the west, but I'm really disappointed we won't be seeing English language versions. If Nintendo didn't have Last Story and Xenoblade to concentrate I think they probably would have looked into translating Graces.

Didn't Vesperia bomb outside Japan though? I'm not surprised they won't bring them out in the west.

That's really their own fault, their advertising is so narrow and focused on websites like IGN and Gamespot that people are surprised when they notice it on shelves when they have already committed their cash to other purchases that were better marketed. If they broadened their advertising of Tales games then maybe the games might do better in the west.

Oh, a piece of art for the new tales game:

http://kotaku.com/5602140/first-look-at-art-for-new-tales-game

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Hmm, I intend to get Tales of Graces, someones else mentioned on this forum, that the guys behind the Fatal Frame patch, are doing a similar patch for this game. And for a Tales game, I'm willing to go through this trouble (as soon as I have the money :P). The patch seems easy enough to implement, but then again, I don't have any experience with the Fatal Frame patch. But I was looking forward to Graces for a long time, so I'll just go try it.

I have no interest in other Tales games, if they simply don't release them here. My interest is slowly waning over time. Keep up this attitude, and I will not care any longer.