N-Europe

Street Fighter VS Tekken

Choze

The Tekken characters all have special moves that are projectile invincible so time it right and you can fly right through the fireball and smack them in the face :D

As for the cats they have very low health so although hitting them may be hard, when you do it's gonna hurt!

• 4 weeks later...

So then Cross Assault is live right now! It's a reality show where they have 5 players on 2 teams - Team Street Fighter and Team Tekken - as they take on challenges and eliminate each other in order to win the $25,000 grand prize. It started yesterday and Kor was eliminated pretty badly. The challenge today is to complete as many trials as possible I think... Well the main showdown between the 2 teams happens at 1AM GMT so until then it won't be that interesting.

BTW it's been revealed that the Vita version of the game will have 12 extra characters.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/21/street-fighter-x-tekken-out-on-vita-this-fall-with-12-more-chara/

I've already got the game pre-ordered, I can't wait to play it! I'm on PS3 too, looking forward to trying out Mega Man and Pac-Man :D

Those lucky Americans managed to get the game early because shops have been breaking the release date over there, it just makes the wait for us seem even longer :(

EDIT: Might as well link to the official website http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk_en/playstation.html

They've got the complete character list there & explanations on all the system mechanics

Edited by f00had

All 12 Vita character will be available on the other versions (edit: oh, and Mega Man and Pac-Man will be DLC for the 360).

In fact...they're all already on the disc. According to Capcom, this DLC (which will be released towards after the Vita version in Autumn) is on the disc so you won't have to download the DLC, just an unlock code.

Because it was the "downloading" part of downloadable content that annoyed people.

All 12 Vita character will be available on the other versions (edit: oh, and Mega Man and Pac-Man will be DLC for the 360).

In fact...they're all already on the disc. According to Capcom, this DLC (which will be released towards after the Vita version in Autumn) is on the disc so you won't have to download the DLC, just an unlock code.

Because it was the "downloading" part of downloadable content that annoyed people.

Yeah, you could argue they could contain the character data purely for balancing issues and to allow you to play against characters you haven't personally bought, but when absolutely everything is already there including opening and ending movies (I watched the Mega Man ones online... Roll is no longer his sweet little sister but some wannabe stripper by the looks of it who happens to be just a friend - MM also talks about wanting to be like a certain Nintendo hero), it's just a kick in the nuts to ask half of your purchases to pay to get the content.

I'm surprised they've never tried to pull this kinda crap on Wii games where it would be the only way to get stuff given the online/storage situation.

I know these companies are here to make money and that DLC is in the pipeline pretty much from day one on most titles but when it's all done and dusted before you've finished the main game, it takes the proverbial.

Just for once, I'd like to see an instance of Capcom not being embroiled in another "taking the D out of DLC" scandal. They still make great games, and they still have a great fan community so why they resort to doing their best to annoy them is beyond me.

The way I see it is that the characters wouldn't be on the disc at all if Capcom didn't plan to charge for them later on... You gotta remember that Capcom's gotta make money and creating characters, hiring voice actors to record their lines, testing them out to get rid of glitches and make sure they aren't too strong or too weak all takes money. If Capcom wasn't going to charge for them then it may not have fit into their budget to create the 12 extra characters. If you take a look at Skullgirls that's an indie game that only has 8 playable characters and when Street Fighter 4 came out in the arcades, back in 2008 when Capcom didn't think fighting games were a good idea, it only had 17 characters, 13 of which were all from Street Fighter 2.

Or maybe I'm too trusting of Capcom and this is in fact all a big scam... I should be mad that I have to pay more to play my favourite characters.

The way I see it is that the characters wouldn't be on the disc at all if Capcom didn't plan to charge for them later on... You gotta remember that Capcom's gotta make money and creating characters, hiring voice actors to record their lines, testing them out to get rid of glitches and make sure they aren't too strong or too weak all takes money. If Capcom wasn't going to charge for them then it may not have fit into their budget to create the 12 extra characters. If you take a look at Skullgirls that's an indie game that only has 8 playable characters and when Street Fighter 4 came out in the arcades, back in 2008 when Capcom didn't think fighting games were a good idea, it only had 17 characters, 13 of which were all from Street Fighter 2.

Or maybe I'm too trusting of Capcom and this is in fact all a big scam... I should be mad that I have to pay more to play my favourite characters.

Protip: they could save money by not getting american VAs. They just sound wrong and I doubt anyone buy's the games for the riveting stories that have totally lead the series and always have voice acting.

A TNT van has just rocked up with my Special Edition. I :heart: ShopTo.

How are you finding it? Unfortunately I didn't get the game today, I just hope I get it tomorrow though it's not like I'd be able to get it from GAME or Gamestation if it didn't arrive on Friday.

How are you finding it? Unfortunately I didn't get the game today, I just hope I get it tomorrow though it's not like I'd be able to get it from GAME or Gamestation if it didn't arrive on Friday.

It seems great. I haven't had much chance to get into it, as Journey yesterday and Mass Effect today have taken what little gaming time I have. I'm looking forward to playing some more, and trying to figure out my main. I finished arcade with Akuma and Lily, but not sure if that team is right for me.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I got this game today for my birthday and I was wondering if anybody on here plays it too (I'll probably be playing this for quite a while, haha). I was just wondering if anybody wanted to play this. If so, just add me on the 360. :D