NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dazzybee

Best Broadband Deals

I'm just about to move house and wondered who to go with for broadband. I aint to bothered about sky, virgin TV (though would use them for broadband if they were the best). Literally just want the best broadband i can get.

So in who are the BEST. And who are the BEST VALUE? Any experts?

You can get ridiculously cheap broadband from O2 - especially if you are an O2 customer already. If you use quidco there is normally a deal with O2 going on.

Make sure you can get the premium or pro broadband though - apparently their adsl max sucks massively.

I know you said about Sky, but I found it is cheap and I find it reliable, I've got it here at my parents house and recently set it up for my new flat. £10 for unlimited and evening/weekend calls.

I don't go for the tv packages personally and virgin was far too expensive for me to even consider.

Don't go with BT.

...Having a nightmare with them over the passed few days. My net dropped to 0.1Mbs, had an engineer over and what not even though the problem is their side. Still not properly sorted, now on 0.7Mbs.

Cheers guys. My speed is 13Mb.

I don't object to Sky, I just meant I'm not interested in their TV. And I am with o2.

Just checked o2 and the premium sounds great, £10 a month, unlimited usage and max speed (sky only offers me 8Mb). Problem is it says it can't do it where I live...which just make sense :(

Oh and my businesses are with BT, they're awful with the most dreadful customer service!

Hmm. Sky is only £7.50...£11 line rental (meaning I don't have to go with BT) and free evening and weekend end calls. £18.50 a month for that.

Also get a free Sky+ box but I won't be buying any channels...do you get any free?!

check out Sam Knows Broadband

The "LLU operator presence" (on the right hand side once you've found your relevant exchange) indicates which is the faster. We had No LLU with Pipex, with 1mb speeds. Now we're with Sky, who has LLU here, and we have 3mb. So yeah it does make a difference.

O2 Broadband. Just got this for the new house, it's fantastic. Great speeds, brilliant price. 10 Pounds for unlimited downloads and 10mb connection. They also offer free line rental if you've been paying BT for more than a year at the same address....as far am I'm aware.

Also get a free Sky+ box but I won't be buying any channels...do you get any free?!

It would essentially be a freeview box.

Oh, that'd be awesome. So I'd get all the terrestrial channels, and SSN and a few others?! Plus I have the option of actually get some packs if I ever fancied them!

TalkTalk are good value - at £17.99. Upto 24mbps connection, 40gig allowance. Its barebones stuff.

Customer service aint great (but few if any telecoms providers can fairly argue otherwise), but should you be able to get the email address for the CEOs office, they sort you out in next to no time.

Virgin can seem expensive, but it may be worth looking into if speeds your thing. BT Inifinity, BTs fibre service, is alo being rolled out - I think around £25 which is damned good value in my opinion.

Sign in to follow this