N-Europe

Temporary Internet Needed

Jimbob

Good Morning/Afternoon all.

As some of you may be aware, i will be moving house in a few months (or as soon as my parents get the money needed to carpet and curtain the house). With that comes all the transferring stuff which will include the Sky, Telephone and the Broadband.

It could take a week or so to transfer, which means no internet at all.

But what i won't be able to cope with is no access to the main internet, which will mean i'll need a temporary way to get on. I could see if i can get onto other people's networks, but from a test i did they are all secure.

So what i am asking is this. Does anyone know of a good place i can get something going for at least a month, i know there are PAYG internet packs (most mobile companies do these, no contract just pay when you want to go on) which is what i'm after really.

Anyone know of a good deal, i'm looking to get something for around £10 top-up for 3gb allowance.

Depending on your mobile carrier, they may offer cheap or free mobile hotspot with a data plan. Mine was 'free' and it sure was a lifesaver this past week when our main internet went out.

Having said that, a week without internet isnt such a terrible thing.....

Depending on your mobile carrier, they may offer cheap or free mobile hotspot with a data plan. Mine was 'free' and it sure was a lifesaver this past week when our main internet went out.

Having said that, a week without internet isnt such a terrible thing.....

I do some work from home and send it back in, so internet is required as such (accessing network etc)

T-Mobile got a good deal at the moment, pay £2 and get 30 days for free. 2 gig allowance as well. I was looking at Vodafone, but the signal is variable and non-reliant. Where-as T-Mobile has a good signal around the new house, no contract either.

Edited by Jimbob

Some ISPs give you a dial up service you can use while connection is being set up, but you'll need an oldschool modem.

Do you have a smartphone with a data plan? You could consider tethering, check charges first though.

I've got an N97 mini, but the new address will have a variable connection, non-reliant as such. I did attempt at going online, but all i could get was a mega slow connection which cut-off every 30 seconds. I can get it at my current address no problem.