NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

inFAMOUS 2

I thought the R3 thing was just to find where you could get electricity from. Totally missed that. :heh:

I doubt shards will be back in the form they were because there's (probably) no massive explosion at the beginning.

I'm sure they'll find something else for us to look for.

The article mentions something about Cole maybe having peripheral powers like Ice. Im guessing since water is still deadly to Cole, he may gain the ability to freeze puddles and swamps for safe traversal

At any rate, i dont want this game until winter or next year. Ive spent wayyyy too much money on games lately

The article mentions something about Cole maybe having peripheral powers like Ice. Im guessing since water is still deadly to Cole, he may gain the ability to freeze puddles and swamps for safe traversal

That actually sounds quite likely. Perhaps by absorbing the energy from them or something like that.

Infamous was alot of fun despite the weak presentation. I havent played Red Dead yet but its the most fun open world game i have played in ages. Different league compared to Assassins or GTA.

Infamous was alot of fun despite the weak presentation. I havent played Red Dead yet but its the most fun open world game i have played in ages. Different league compared to Assassins or GTA.

I don't rate either Assassins Creed or GTA that highly, but Infamous is hardly in a different league to them, as those mentioned do a lot of things better.

I don't rate either Assassins Creed or GTA that highly, but Infamous is hardly in a different league to them, as those mentioned do a lot of things better.

In terms of actual gameplay and game design none of them had anything over Infamous. Not even remotely. Apart from maybe length but I couldnt bring myself to finish either GTA or Assasins.

Assassin's Creed is about the same length, GTA is way longer. inFamous was easily the most satisfying of the 3, but in many areas it was lacking. GTA and Assassin's Creed both had WAY more to do outside of the main quest for instance. They also had a lot more attention to detail paid than inFamous.

First screenshots;

infamous-2-34c1b9809be65e.jpg

infamous-2-14c1b980955f2c.jpg

infamous-2-24c1b9809875d1.jpg

infamous-2-04c1b98091b867.jpg

infamous-2-44c1b9809f2933.jpg

Looks awesome. I love the addition of that melee tuning fork. Graphics look much slicker. It looks like Uncharted's superhero cousin. :heh:

Managed to sneak in the Sly Cooper logo I see. I hope there's a good balance with in-engine cutscenes and comic sequences.

Looks awesome, cannot wait for this. Ice will be an interesting new addition and wonder how they will work it into the plot. Like how the trailer sort of sets up that it doesn't matter what ending you got the same consequences still seem to come about.

HOLY SHIT. This looks sick.

Edited by Daft

Omnomnom, they need more of those set-piece missions to make it work, I think they've realised having fairly slow-paced, standard enemy shooting sessions get boring.

Uncharted animations seem to be quite prevalent, which is always nice to see.

From IGN - nice to hear they've taken the criticism on board

A panel for Infamous just let out at San Diego Comic-Con, but the real news came before the show even started. Sucker Punch is changing Cole's look in Infamous 2 so that the protagonist looks more like he did in the original game.

A few weeks ago, the developer released the first screens and videos for Infamous 2, and all of that featured a drastically different Cole. This version of the hero had more hair, tattoos and a bunch of other stuff that made him look far different from the bike messenger we knew in the original game.

While the game is still in development and will continue to change, I was handed a manila envelope this afternoon that contained two images of Cole's new-new look. Due to the stage in development, I can't tell you exactly what he looks like, but I can tell you he looks more like the person we played as in the original Infamous and less like the man who was in all of those E3 screens and videos

Uuurgh, why? The old Cole was generic in a shit way, the new one was generic in a generic way. Just leave the Nathan Drake template alone.

yeah I thought the new design was good. Whats to say a new iteration in a franchise that is a direct sequel has to be visually the same and in the same style as the previous games. It's an odd one they should have stuck to their guns I say!

Yeah i liked the new design. Tired of generic gruff bald dudes.

Good riddance to the new Cole I say. Im sure theyll let him keep the new pants though, which lets face it, was the only redeeming thing about him.

Both of them sucked balls, give him a mohawk and give him a darker skin tone, and mahoosive side-burns. Or something interesting at least.

Make him a cockney, give him a bowler hat, make him a her...and black, one legged, jewish and pregnant.

Sorted.

I didn't have a problem with the old Cole. The characters weren't what I played inFAMOUS for. The new one just seemed like change for change's sake.

It speaks volumes that they can just play around with the character's appearance willy-nilly. Cole isn't defined, and they're moulding him just to appeal cosmetically, seeing as there's no downside to doing it. Apart from this display of 'fan' displeasure.

If you want 8 minutes of attention holding bullshit about Infamous (2) then here's what you're looking for:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-10-infamous-2/701934

I want old new Cole back.

...or at least an option to change the hair.

infamous-2-20100817040314357.jpg

The new new Cole. Hopefully in inFamous 3 he'll have even more hair on his head. Not bad, though.

Sign in to follow this