NEurope
ReZourceman

PC Epic Failz Problem - Turning Off/Black Screen

My ACER desktop PC keeps turning itself off in a sort of way.

The monitor loses the signal from the PC, black screens but the PC light itself stays on. Sound cuts out, so I assume its a problem with the PC rather than the monitor.

Any ideas?

Silly question...It's not just a blank screen saver popping up is it? This is assuming of course you aren't giving the PC input for a time when this happens.

Other wise, sounds like it maybe a loose connection on either the PC or monitor, check that.

Dunno bout the sound thing though.

(Not a screen saver)

And yeah I've checked connections. Like I said it cuts out the sound too, and I have separate speakers.

I'd say try and check for driver updates for both Video and Sound.

Like Nolan said, it sounds like it could be a driver problem.

Update your Graphics/sound card drivers, if that doesn't solve it take a look in the event viewer.

Thanks guys. Whats the best way to check which driver I need?

Go to device manager, right click on your display device and click update drivers.

Got another monitor / TV you can test it on? if so try that and if it still does it - while using the same cable - then it's probably the PC, also if you have a spare cable, try that with the same monitor, if the problem goes away then it could be the lead, other than that I really don't know.

Anyway, I hope you get your problem sorted soon dude. :)

Hmmm still doing this. Did it about 10 times in a row a minute ago. If this persists, I dunno what the fuck to do so might just get a new computer, with better specs. Even though this one is fuck all old.