N-Europe

Laptop screen broken

stuwii

1. Use Google Maps to find a local repair shop.

2. Ask them if they can fix it or replace the screen.

3. If not, then you'll have to phone Toshiba.

4. If they can't replace the screen, then you'll need a new laptop.

If it doesn't bother you using non Toshiba parts then you could repair it for about £60-100.

If you do want official pparts then i suggest just buying a new laptop, and cut your loses.

I deal with laptop repairs at work, and the quotes for original parts are extortianate at more than double the price.

Dell wanted £210 for the screen, a further £60 for fixing, and postage on top of that.

None of our Toshibas have been damaged whilst i've worked there, so i don't know their pricing.

What model is your laptop?

Edited by Kirkatronics

I bought a new laptop screen on ebay and fitted it myself. The laptop was worth about £450 and the screen cost just over £100. It was fairly difficult to fit (but I quite enjoy things like that anyway). Ultimately even with the age of the laptop you couldn't have replaced it for anywhere near as cheap as that replacement screen. Consider how old the laptop is and whether or not it's worth it. If it's old, depending on what you use it for, maybe it's time to replace it with a shiny new netbook or something similar.

It's really a case of cost of repair vs cost of a new model of equal specs.

I bought a new laptop screen on ebay and fitted it myself. The laptop was worth about £450 and the screen cost just over £100. It was fairly difficult to fit (but I quite enjoy things like that anyway). Ultimately even with the age of the laptop you couldn't have replaced it for anywhere near as cheap as that replacement screen. Consider how old the laptop is and whether or not it's worth it. If it's old, depending on what you use it for, maybe it's time to replace it with a shiny new netbook or something similar.

It's really a case of cost of repair vs cost of a new model of equal specs.

I've fitted quite a few screens now and i think they are relativly easy.

Its just remembering where the screws go thats the prooblem.