N-Europe

Box Office Event Won't Sky Plus?

Mokong

Hey guys.... is this a new thing by Sky or something?

I don't order on Sky Box Office much, only sports events like Wrestling or Boxing, which are usually on early hours of the morning. Usually I'd just order the event and then set my Sky Plus to record it for me so I can watch the next day after work.

I just ordered the WWE Royal Rumble, firstly it oddly wouldn't order through the Sky box, phoneline was connected fine, told me my card had "insuffient funds"... WTF? I pay my bill by direct debit and I haven't ordered from Box Office in a few months or more so it's just my basic subscription charge was on my last bill which was fully paid.

Anyway, I ended up having to call the automated line to order, which I did.

But then when I went to set the Sky Plus to record it for me it told me that the event cannot be recorded? WTF?

I thought you were able to record Box Office stuff and it would stay on your sky box for up to a week or something. It did it before for me every time before this.

Have Sky changed their policy on this recently? If so why? The event would automatically get deleted after 7 days anyway. I know I'll still have the replays which I can watch but that means having to wait till they start if for example when I get home, finish dinner it might only be halfway into one replaly, I'd have to wait for the next one to start instead of just pressing play on my Sky Plus... What's the point of Sky Plus if I can't blooming record with it?

I'm pretty sure something is up with your box or subscription.

As far as I know you can still record Box Office and watch within a certain amount of time.

You think... I'll probably send them an email tomorrow... anyone else order the Royal Rumble (or any other recent Box Office event) and have the same problem or are ye able to Sky Plus Record it?

I sent Sky an email last night and they surprisingly phoned me back about it... i was only expecting an email reply after 4 weeks or something, haha.

Anyway apparently the reason I couldn't order the event with my remote and the "insufficent funds" message has got something to do with my Sky box not being connected to a phoneline all the time. Apparently I have to have them connected all the time so that my Sky box sends them a signal once a month that says it's connected? :heh:

My TV and phoneline are on opposite ends of the room so I'm gonna need a really REALLY long cable to run round the room. At the moment I just run a cable straight across the floor when I want to use it and put it away when I don't... plus it worked previously and I didn't have it permenatly connect then either, guess that was just a fluke. Else I need to figure when each month the box sends this signal thing and just connect that one day each month, haha.. anyone know that?

And the reason I couldn't record it with Sky Plus is because I ordered with via the phone and not the remote. Oddly when you order via the phone Sky can tell your box you've ordered the event but they can't tell it to record it for you... only if you order via the remote for that :heh:

Oh, I didn't realise it worked like that at all...

Just connect it for 24 hours on the 1st and 15th of each month.

Oh right, are those the days they check your box is connected to a phone line?

cool: peace:

We have to keep ours on 24/7 because the dish gets condensated and stops working..

Our dish is quite old, and we live in a damp country (ireland) but apparently its quite common.

I'm Ireland too... and my dish is fairly old also... no problems with condensation... though in the mornings sometimes get birds landing on the dish blocking the signal...

Oh right, are those the days they check your box is connected to a phone line?

cool: peace:

Oh no, I don't know when they check.

But the way it sounds is that it has to be connected for 24 hours once during a one month period.

That way if you connect it on the 1st and 15th, you definitely catch the month where ever it falls.

I'm Ireland too... and my dish is fairly old also... no problems with condensation... though in the mornings sometimes get birds landing on the dish blocking the signal...

I think ours is about 7+ years old and likely on its way out tbh :P

Yay, Ireland high five! :D

You should get a horn installed to scare those bloody birds, haha. Nothing more frustrating than sky not working !_!

You should all just get virgin media it's the sex you know!

errrm yea woohoo go virgin *rolls eyes*

Anyway hope you got to watch the royal rumble, was pretty awesome seeing Edge coming back :D, was really scared that Cena was going to win.