NEurope
flameboy

Feeling a bit burnt out on gaming!

Don't expect the same experience you had with FFVII... not saying you won't like it... just prepare to be surprised.

Haha this is so weird discussing such an old, classic title as though it has just come out. My g/f has also never played FFVII, I might buy it on PSN for her to play through...

It's so hard though! I swear I would not know where to go half the time If I couldn't just look up on the net :P

Mmm I'm loving it, unfortunately I don't have a PS2 to play FF9 :(

(It is on PS2 right?)

Looking forward to trying out FF8 though, I have that :D

Nah 9 is on PS1!

I'm feeling a bit burnt out on gaming. Lack of new games, sold most of my PS3 games et j'ai mal à la tête/bad mood aren't helping.

I put on a bit of civ2 (good old classic) to rev up my urge for gaming.

Nice to change to something completely different (different era, different genre, platform, whatever) to give it a bit of change.

Variety is the spice of life!!!

Surely it's only a matter of time before IX is released on the PSN store. Obviously VII is out already and VIII is out in other regions. I need it.

I think my burn may have abated slightly but only for more bite sized games. Being addicted to Crayon Physics Deluxe helped! If anyone wants it get yourself to their website where you can buy it for as much or as little as you want but the offer ends tomorrow!

I'm enjoying Dragon Age at the moment because it's a throwback to the fun days of Baldur's Gate, but still has that modern feel to it. I love a good RPG where you can channel loads of hours into character development and exploration.

I'm enjoying Dragon Age at the moment because it's a throwback to the fun days of Baldur's Gate, but still has that modern feel to it. I love a good RPG where you can channel loads of hours into character development and exploration.

see I did love Baldurs Gate but when I played Dragon Age briefly at the eurogamer expo I was so bloody bored.....

see I did love Baldurs Gate but when I played Dragon Age briefly at the eurogamer expo I was so bloody bored.....

I don't think it's the kind of game that you could enjoy if you only played it briefly at an expo...

As with these RPGs, they seem to be a time investment to get payoff sort of thing.

I don't think it's the kind of game that you could enjoy if you only played it briefly at an expo...

As with these RPGs, they seem to be a time investment to get payoff sort of thing.

see I'll be honest I do agree with you to some extent. However I didn't think it looked all that great (played 360 version) and the dialogue wasn't instantly catching me as being well written, but yeah its not the kinda game that a quick hit gives a full view of the experience.

When I first started there was little draw to the game for me. It took me a while to like the characters and combat system, even though I had loved BG. The dialogue, however, is undoubtedly better than most RPGs. The number of different storyline paths you can take is amazing, and being a mature game means for more realistic dialogue. There must have been a hell of a lot of work that went into the script, as it really is epic. But then, this is something that only becomes apparent when you invest huge numbers of hours.

It really won't leave you with anything unless you get hold of a copy and devote some good time to it. :heh:

see I'll be honest I do agree with you to some extent. However I didn't think it looked all that great (played 360 version) and the dialogue wasn't instantly catching me as being well written, but yeah its not the kinda game that a quick hit gives a full view of the experience.

You're doing it wrong... that's one puppy which is definitely different and much better played on a pc!

You're doing it wrong... that's one puppy which is definitely different and much better played on a pc!

no chance of it running on my netbook!