N-Europe

Mario Kart Wii on 150Cc

Dr.Boo

Hi guys,

I know this isn't really a game that is "hot in the news" but I've recently picked it up again.

I found a good character-kart combination for me which makes races a bit easier. I usually go for King Boo with the Offroader. Great handling and still good drifting. Plus the fact that King Boo is a heavyweight (you got to explain to me how a floating ghost is a heavyweight but ehh) makes him less easily tossed off the track by other carts.

I really like King Boo :)

Anyways, my real problem are those @! blue shells. I played a cup on 100Cc yesterday and I got 5 (!) blue shells in my face in one damn race! I admit it doesn't happen often. I usually 'only' get 2 or 3 of those but damn... 100Cc... 5 blue shells!

I'm trying to get all cups on 150Cc, but I'm currently stuck. I keep getting bombed. It usually goes like this: I'm doing fine for the whole race, usually on the first or second place. Then, when there is half a lap left and I'm on the first place, I get bombed by a series of items. Blue shell, then when I barely landed back from the explosion, I get red shelled, then smashed around by bypassing carts and OH LOOK! I'm last! And with barely half a lap left, I can't get back in front unless a miracle happens.

is there a certain style of driving that can reduce this? I mean I know blue shells, lightning, pow blocks and stuff can't be dodged but is there a certain tactic or driving style to avoid getting struck so much by these? Like being second all the time and try to get to the first position right before the finish? I donno.

Don't get me wrong though: I still love this game and I prefer this than a piss easy racing game. Though I miss the coop possibility like in MKDD, this Mario Kart game is my second favorite. I just wish there was a normal Boo as a lightweight :) And I wish there was the possibility to choose to race alone, or in pairs like in MKDD.

Hi guys,

I know this isn't really a game that is "hot in the news" but I've recently picked it up again.

I found a good character-kart combination for me which makes races a bit easier. I usually go for King Boo with the Offroader. Great handling and still good drifting. Plus the fact that King Boo is a heavyweight (you got to explain to me how a floating ghost is a heavyweight but ehh) makes him less easily tossed off the track by other carts.

I really like King Boo :)

Anyways, my real problem are those @! blue shells. I played a cup on 100Cc yesterday and I got 5 (!) blue shells in my face in one damn race! I admit it doesn't happen often. I usually 'only' get 2 or 3 of those but damn... 100Cc... 5 blue shells!

I'm trying to get all cups on 150Cc, but I'm currently stuck. I keep getting bombed. It usually goes like this: I'm doing fine for the whole race, usually on the first or second place. Then, when there is half a lap left and I'm on the first place, I get bombed by a series of items. Blue shell, then when I barely landed back from the explosion, I get red shelled, then smashed around by bypassing carts and OH LOOK! I'm last! And with barely half a lap left, I can't get back in front unless a miracle happens.

is there a certain style of driving that can reduce this? I mean I know blue shells, lightning, pow blocks and stuff can't be dodged but is there a certain tactic or driving style to avoid getting struck so much by these? Like being second all the time and try to get to the first position right before the finish? I donno.

Don't get me wrong though: I still love this game and I prefer this than a piss easy racing game. Though I miss the coop possibility like in MKDD, this Mario Kart game is my second favorite. I just wish there was a normal Boo as a lightweight :) And I wish there was the possibility to choose to race alone, or in pairs like in MKDD.

I know this isn't 'hot in the news' but there is a search button located at at the bottom of the topic list. Search for Mario Kart Wii and place all discussion in there,

"because a company runs on efficiency of communication..." (Brent, 2001)

Plus King Boo is crap, it's all about Petey Piranha.

MY ADVICE :D

1. To avoid either Blueshells (be on a series of boosts and let it be canceled out by the nitro from your engine :laughing: ) or the frightening Lightning, just simply dive in a portal.. i.e when you go through that channel (on some levels) where you can't be hit.

Alternatively, just be a pro and stay far ahead of the CPU's - or Onliners - to where it doesn't matter if you ger melested by such items.

If worst comes to the worst, just dive of the edge then when respawned (if dropped down in position) you'll catch up easy as everyone'll be tiny ants (predict the Lightning) and/or you'll dodge the Blue by methods of sacrificial resorts : peace:

2. YES!!! You 'CAN' dodge the POW blocks. When you see that it's about to mug all your items and pop all four (or two, if being a bike) of your tyers, then 3 (THREE) little warning mini-quakes will happen so just count along .... WuuUUN, TooOOO, THREE! 'On' the THIRD one (not after, 'ON') stick you WiiMote up as if you're saying "UP YOURS :mad: " to your HD Tv. You will recover straight away and keep your speed : peace:

3. IF you insist, i guess... if you're certain life'll treat you good... Then on the last lap, fall just under halfway position mark (if 10 dudes racing drop down to around 7th) but stay close-ish to the winning bunch. When or 'IF' you get that 'lucky' ideal item from that present box, you have your victory well assured. : peace:

4. If all is going belly-up and you can only win due to this "miracle".... MAKE the miracle happen :cool: (without cheating/glitching/haching, ofcourse). : peace:

Yeah Dr.Boo, i'd defo like to see that in vi next MarioKart. Allowing it to be optional for doubles and singles to race, bringing back the character specific special items (spice it BACK up and make it more fun) and also the SNAKIN' :laughing:

I don't even care right, two reasons i want snaking back.... 1. To even it out with bikers. Bikers can constantly WiiLii ( :laughing: ) and a pro biker would dominate a pro karter, so let karts dash :D

And, 2. Because it's kinda boring just driving straight then drift at a bend, drive straight, drift at bend, repeat, repeat, RE-FRIGGIN-PEAT :cool: Allow dashing so you'rein constant DYNAMIC ACTION :yay:

Would be a drag snakin' with the Nunchuks analog stick though...