NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Eddage

Website Evaluation Software

Hey guys, I need your help!

I need to find some website evaluation software that I can apply to some websites for an assignment I'm writing for college. Bad news is... I can't find any! I've tried googling but no results, just thought some of you guys might know of some software I can use.

This is the assignment that I was going to find easy as well, fuck knows how I'm gonna do the others :heh:

What do you mean by evaluation software? If you mean to check if your coding is valid then use:

http://validator.w3.org/

And use this one for CSS:

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

To be honest I'm not entirely sure :heh:

a.Research available software for website evaluation and apply the software to the two sites you have evaluated. (P1.2)

b.Record your findings in your report and comment on the evaluation tools used. (M2.1)

That's the question that I'm trying to do. I've already had to select two companies that trade online and compare the sites to "web design rules", now I have to find software that evaluates websites and apply it to said sites...

I've never really heard of software for evaluating websites... how bizarre.

I mean for starters, if you google "website evaluation software", this thread is the first result. What does that tell you about how much of a thing it isn't??

I'll ask at work tomorrow, see if anyone has a clue. Maybe it just means things like W3 Validator, WAI evaluation and analysis tools like Google Analytics.

Yeah I thought it was strange when I googled it, but according to my lecturer it's easy to find!?

Does he mean software? I've heard of website evaluation and criteria to judge a website against, but never software doing it.

The question specifically mentions software. I've already written about each site with regards to web design rules.

I think it's meant to tell you if there are any broken links and if all the images are using alt text and other stuff like that, but it seemingly doesn't exist!

I think Dreamweaver (and I'd assume others) do that, check for bad/unnecessary HTML...could that be it?

I think Dreamweaver (and I'd assume others) do that, check for bad/unnecessary HTML...could that be it?

ashmon is right, and the html validators mentioned by ike

*has done this exact course*

pass and merit criteria!!

Well I suppose in firefox you could try maybe the web developer tool bar

The SEO tools addon might be useful.

Also the Accessibility tool bar may be of use.

I would say they qualify as software. But matters if you use firefox or not / can be bothered to get them.

Sign in to follow this