NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
monkeyDluffy

rev and mp3

was thinking the other day, as you do, would it be a good move for nintendo to team up with apple etc and provide ipod/mp3 player connectivity for the rev?

Its already got usb ports on it, could use that for almost all players bar the ipod, you could put a ipod connection on their as well. Now before the screams and shouts come, I ain't a fan of ipods, they look nice but I wouldn't buy one, I'm just thinking that the ipod has a very large market share and with ipod connectivity and the revs podish styling, nintendo could draw from that share, with the nintendo wifi connection as well it could enable people to buy from itunes, napster etc and download to the player. The apple connection could also get nintendo as a brand a bit more kudos and would provide more advertising through the apple tv spots. Not gonna happen but just sounding the idea. :yay: "he's finished!"

EDIT: Sorry in kurt R and retro lover but the idea i totally forgot to mention, was that through the connectivity with the mp3 player that it could maybe be used for custom sound tracks ingames, much like the xbox hard drive but with something you probably already have, music is just streamed from the mp3 player into the game perfect:)

Nintendo are too dumb to even try it, unfortunately.

I've been saying thinking that they should team up with Apple for a while (especially since both of them compete with Microsoft & Sony). If they did do the sort of thing you say it would make the Revo sound much better to people.

Yeah, nintendo and apple have something in common, they were both the first to come out in their fields from the competitors (apple before microsoft, nintendo before microsoft and sony) they are both the ones that many people will laugh at when looking to buy (not insulting them or anything but you should get my point) what i mean is the majority go for the others (except in the case of psp & ds)

If that mkaes no senjce to you then ignore it and agree with monkey

What Im interested in knowing, is if the Revolution will be able to show pictures in jpg or bmp format. Or play movies in mpeg or avi format. And if it will be able to play normal music cds.

What nintnendo need to do is remove all multimedia functionality from the revolution. And have a company come up with a device like panasonic 'Q' then they just need to make sure that both are marketed right.

Saying that does anyone know how well the panasonic Q sold?? its a shame it wasnt released worldwide!

I had that idea with Sony with this generation, i mean they have USB ports and shitloads of MP3 players so why the hell not for custom soundtracks it only makes sense integration of your products like. But then i was informed that Microsoft had rights to custom soundtracks or something along those lines (well i read it on here anyway), would that still be the case if for the next gen if that's true, does anyone know?

Sign in to follow this