NEurope
canand

A new Pokemon game coming soon on Nintendo Wii

3D pokemon RPG has to be the most obvious thing to release ever yet it hasn't been done

3D pokemon RPG has to be the most obvious thing to release ever yet it hasn't been done

I know!

I think it would be a truly amazing game but they always state that pokemon only feels right on a handheld. More like they can't be arsed.

A real Pokemon game on consoles has a good chance of going terribly wrong. But if done right, it could be amazing. Pokemon as it is, is a handheld game. Thats just how it is, it was designed for Handheld consoles, not home consoles. It would take a talented team of designers to make a game that changed enough to work on a console, yet still kept enough of the pokemon basics that it wasn't a completely different game. Perhaps if they made it more like a western RPG (think Fallout 3 or Oblivion) rather than a JRPG it might work better. I don't think Game Freak is up for the job of doing this. They've made it clear that they don't want to. But Nintendo has a lot of talented teams, and money to create new teams with people who would be up for the job.

A real Pokemon game on consoles has a good chance of going terribly wrong. But if done right, it could be amazing. Pokemon as it is, is a handheld game. Thats just how it is, it was designed for Handheld consoles, not home consoles. It would take a talented team of designers to make a game that changed enough to work on a console, yet still kept enough of the pokemon basics that it wasn't a completely different game. Perhaps if they made it more like a western RPG (think Fallout 3 or Oblivion) rather than a JRPG it might work better. I don't think Game Freak is up for the job of doing this. They've made it clear that they don't want to. But Nintendo has a lot of talented teams, and money to create new teams with people who would be up for the job.

ok before serebi comes in.

Pokemon has gone on almost too long without adecent console version that the hardcore fans don't want it. A lot of people believe the trading aspect won't work, the idea of the game is to carry it around with you hence pocket and other bullshit.

I think exactly as it is It coulnt be done. the trading part is a porblem. If it was up to me i would have reformed the gameplay long ago anyway, especially the battle system.

pokemon tries too much to slow gameplay to clock up those hours.

I don't know if i'm chatting out my arse (there is a strong possibility i am), but i'm pretty sure in Pro Evo 09 you can export your teams to the Wii remote for use on another game.. therefore the trading could still be done. kinda.

Theres also SD card options aswell.

I don't know if i'm chatting out my arse (there is a strong possibility i am), but i'm pretty sure in Pro Evo 09 you can export your teams to the Wii remote for use on another game.. therefore the trading could still be done. kinda.

Theres also SD card options aswell.

You can also trade your Mii's via the remote too.

You can also trade your Mii's via the remote too.

Not to mention internet trading possibilities.

hm you can say what you will but I would agree that having a portable system is defo better for trading. But perhaps if the enphaises was off trading for the console release. I mean it's near impossible to get all pokemon these days anyway.

If trading took a backseat to battle and levelling up.

The battle system is slow enough on the GB/DS but at least you can turn off animations.

The battles take forever in 3D but if you could turn animations off, then you would be kind of missing the point of playing in 3D. Getting a couple of decent teams of Pokémon to level 100 would take ages.

I know it's not very Pokémon like as such, but I'd prefer a 3D Pokémon game that had real time battles. Much like you have Advance Wars on the portable, and Battalion Wars on the consoles, I'd like to see the Pokémon equivalent. It still retains the strategy, to a degree, but there is an element of skill and a brisker pace to combat.

but pokemon's battles are well,... shite. I tihnk everyone turns off the animations eventually but yet i'm playing through final fantasy 4 on ds and find the battles to be a thrill to watch and always has you on edge. I think the pokemon battle system needs an overhaul but it's never going to happen.

But I do agree captain falcon. A massive change would be needed.

...Well, I'll tell you one thing; I won't be buying the next lazy handheld Pokemon. And adding 100 more pokes won't feel me with enough enthusiasm to buy it...

Do the math/go figure.

Whether it be this, a Zelda trailer, updated Nintendo Channel, or just Nintendo farting around with sales figures. Something will happen at the Kyoto CMEX.

Whether it be this, a Zelda trailer, updated Nintendo Channel, or just Nintendo farting around with sales figures. Something will happen at the Kyoto CMEX.

I hope I want info NINTENDO.

I hope I want info NINTENDO.

According to this, no major announcements were made.

Online trading would work! But sadly, this is Nintendo, who seem to hate the thought of making any game online. Not only that, but they seem to hate Pokemon recently, seriously, how much longer can they keep churning out the same shit before people get bored? Sadly, for quite a while I think. I can't believe how many people who had Diamond or Pearl went and brought Platinum too. All that everyone has ever wanted is a full, 3D Pokemon RPG. (Or most people, as someone is obviously going to say 'Well I never wanted a 3d pokemon game)

10 years since people started waiting for this game to exist, it still doesn't.

Online trading would work! But sadly, this is Nintendo, who seem to hate the thought of making any game online. Not only that, but they seem to hate Pokemon recently, seriously, how much longer can they keep churning out the same shit before people get bored? Sadly, for quite a while I think. I can't believe how many people who had Diamond or Pearl went and brought Platinum too. All that everyone has ever wanted is a full, 3D Pokemon RPG. (Or most people, as someone is obviously going to say 'Well I never wanted a 3d pokemon game)

10 years since people started waiting for this game to exist, it still doesn't.

What? I dont see your logic. Pokémon has been changing loads in this generation, its not the same old stuff over and over

A 3D RPG will NOT work. I am fed up with explaining this. Even the developers have explained it

If it's not a fully fledged 3D Pokémon adventure game, I don't give a shiet. I don't like Pokémon for taking photos or making a yellow rat run fast, nor is it worth the money to get a game only containing a 3D version of the fights.

Honestly, a 3D RPG can work, but not in the same way the handhelds do.

They'd have to rethink all of the game's mechanics in order to make it work, and make sure it lives up to its name.

Of course, Colosseum and XD weren't that well received, but maybe that was a step in the right direction, as the mechanics were quite different from the ones in the handhelds (in both games, the only way to catch Pokémon is through other trainers, right? There's an example.)

A 3D RPG will NOT work. I am fed up with explaining this. Even the developers have explained it

I think you mean home console when you say 3D, as there's no reason the games couldn't just be exactly the same on handhelds, but with 3D graphics.

Anyway, an exact clone of the handheld pokemon games will not work for the reasons you and game freak have mentioned previously. We get that. But a decent designer should be able to adapt an intellectual property to work on a home console or a handheld, depending on where the IP started. We're not even talking about a game that uses the exact same mechanics really. There's no reason the IP pokemon can't work on consoles, because the gameplay mechanics of the handheld games wouldn't translate well to one.

I think you mean home console when you say 3D, as there's no reason the games couldn't just be exactly the same on handhelds, but with 3D graphics.

Anyway, an exact clone of the handheld pokemon games will not work for the reasons you and game freak have mentioned previously. We get that. But a decent designer should be able to adapt an intellectual property to work on a home console or a handheld, depending on where the IP started. We're not even talking about a game that uses the exact same mechanics really. There's no reason the IP pokemon can't work on consoles, because the gameplay mechanics of the handheld games wouldn't translate well to one.

look it WOULD work but it needs to change it's focus from trading to battling and maybe then some.

pokemon is doing so well but yet they won't try this it baffles me. There is no denying that a true pokemon rpg for consoles would blow the sales charts apart. it's not like it's taking a gigantic risk or anything..

but no pokemon fanatics and the japanese insist on the same thing stubbornly refuse to change. Who can blame them though. nobody wants zelda to change either and when it does people complain.

Its highly irritating to hear people completely right off an idea of a 3D Pokemon rpg 1) Without atleast trying to come up with ideas on how it may work and 2) Knowing that if such a game was announced they would be the first ones to buy it...

All they need to do, ironically what they don't do for the Gameboy games, is to make a great storyline. Look at Final Fantasy; an RPG with turn-based fights, and with fighters whom constantly level up and learn new abilities - how truely different is that from Pokemon? Pokemon has the potential to be something fresh and unique on home consoles but it is halted by ignorant, closed-minds who don't even TRY. Pokemon XD had a crappy story with reused locales from its prequel, yet it is STILL a very much sort after game - just look at the price of which it sells - a game so flawed, people still really want.

Nintendo/Game Freak just need an influx of young, creative and PR savy employees because the current bunch are just killing peoples dreams.

The Pokemon Wii game is called PokéPark Pikachu's Great Adventure.

The first PokePark game was for the DS called PokéPark Fishing Rally.

Edited by Dante