NEurope
GoodManGamer

Person Starts To Play Video Game At What Age?

I fondly remember watching my brothers play on an Atari console (no idea which) when I was about 3. Then being about 4 or 5 playing Sonic 2 behind the settee in the living room. Possibly my earliest gaming memories.

So, yeah, I must have been about 4. Sonic 1 on MegaDrive definitely being the first game I ever played. No wonder the Green Hill Zone music makes me feel so nostalgic. Man I love that piece of music. :grin:

Odd, because I remember how that game (and the film) put me right off the Power Rangers franchise for good. Strange to have an opinion like that when you're only 6 years old. :wtf:

I have both games (the movie version and the beat-em-up one) and I liked both of them but I remember being hooked to the movie game and I found myself hooked again, aha.

Played Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th for the NES the other day....I don't know which was worse...

There were two games? I only played the movie game.

(It's actually unsurprising that it was a bit cack, because...y'know...)

I started playing games when i was 3 or 4. First game i played was Tetris on the Gameboy followed by Super Mario Land

My family say I was about 2...saying I was better on the Spectrum (rubber keys) than I was walking... (but you never know how much is exaggerated over time! Wouldn't be far off that though) Since then I've had pretty much every gaming device going...no joke. Commodores, Ataris St's, Amigas, Jaguars, Lynx's, EVERY version of the Spectrum (I was obsessed with the Spectrum), 32X's and Mega CD's.....

I started playing games when i was 3 or 4. First game i played was Tetris on the Gameboy followed by Super Mario Land

Same here, along with Metroid II, Zelda: Links Awakening and Terminator for the GameBoy.

My first home console was a Master System and I was obsessed with Sonic.

There were two games? I only played the movie game.

(It's actually unsurprising that it was a bit cack, because...y'know...)

Actually there were three of them. One was on the SNES and the other two on the Mega Drive. The SNES one is pretty much like the movie one.

The SNES game:

The beat-em-up:

And I take it you know the movie version, lol.

When I was a little LiNk, I was given my Uncle's Commodore 64 and Spectrum ZX. I have great memories of trying to get Hong Kong Phooey to load up on the Commodore, only for the game to fail 5 or so seconds into the actual game, after aaaaages of loading. I only played the actual game once, and the rest of the time was spent trying in vain to get that to work.

Cyberdyne Warrior (I think that was what it was called) was a huuuuuuge favourite of mine. And, I also had one of these systems:

philips-g7000-large.jpg, which I thought kicked huge arse at the time. :D

Then, the first console which I had to call my own was the SNES, along with Super Mario All Stars. I did end up being given a Sega Master System and Megadrive (+MegaCD) around the same time, too. The advantage of having brothers is that your parents try to find ways to keep us all entertained. Gaming worked, and I think they were doing well with work at the time which meant they could afford this stuff for us. We never had many holidays or had other huge expenses, but the games were a biiiig part of my childhood. :)

As for my age, I can't actually remember the first time I started playing games. Fifa 96 on the SNES is one of the earliest games that I can remember, but I think I played some other stuff before that on the systems that I mentioned earlier. I would hazard a guess and say that I've been gaming since around the age of....5? Could be.

Probably the earliest game-related memory I have, was watching my uncle play Shinobi. I must have been 3 or 4 back then.

One of the first games I ever played was Street Fighter ll, in an Italian arcade center, when I was around 5 or 6. I can still remember, how I hammered the buttons like crazy, just to spam Blanka's electric attack.