NEurope
Dante

Guild Wars 2

Sorry I think it's prepurchase only to play online in the beta now. But you may as well buy it, not much for an MMORPG to be honest. :)

Guys, the second beta weekend event is starting up this Friday! If anyone wants to play then prepurchase the game before Friday, download the client through the e-mail you get and starting playing 8PM on the 8th.

So, it's less then four weeks away. Who else is interested in this? I'm on the fence about it purely because I don't know if I want an MMO to invest time in, but the more I hear and see of this thing the better it gets. The fact you can compete in PvP at max level without having to grind just to survive, as well as being able to wander into big instances without having to find a specific party (plus no monthly sub) makes this the one MMO I might be able to actually enjoy.

Besides, it looks beautiful.

Edited by gaggle64

OTHERS! Welcome...please don't leave. :p

I've prepurchased it, it's really good from the few betas I got to play. Looks lovely, plays lovely. Oh and you can level up your main character from playing PvP too, isn't that cool?

One of my favourite things is the ability to travel the map and locate skillpoint quests, all the while bumping into cool bosses that you can take on.

This will be seriously neat. I hate fees and usual MMORPG mechanics. Really nice how this is more pick up and play. You can warp anywhere you've visited before as well for a cost which is another cool thing.

I saw a Final Fantasy XIV: Reborn trailer and it made me so angry I actually pre-ordered GW2 then un-pre-ordered it. I'm now officially waiting for one good, reputable review just to assure my money will be well spent. That will be my starting gun.

It's brilliant. I've played what was pretty much the real thing in the beta.

There's your reputable review. Its only £30 for the life of it, no fees. Go buy iiiit. :)

It's brilliant. I've played what was pretty much the real thing in the beta.

There's your reputable review. Its only £30 for the life of it, no fees. Go buy iiiit. :)

I know, I know. I trust you, it's just a tick I have. I may actually prefer strolling into Game and picking it up physically for the 35 anyway. I enjoy savouring such things these days.

I'm surprised this thread is on the second page with it being out in less than 10 days.

I'm half tempted to buy it but I'm unsure. The last MMORPG i played was WoW about 3 years ago and I'm very tempted to get back into one.

The thing is I played the original Guild Wars and found it pretty boring, maybe I didn't give it enough time I don't know, but I know WoW had a better feel to it.

To anyone who has played the beta how does it compare? From what I can gather from the youtube videos it looks a lot different from the Guild Wars I played back in the day (Which to me is a good thing).

Basically I'd like someone to persuade me to make my first game purchase in about 2 years and get me to buy it. :)

I haven't played the beta but I'm very much of a mind these days to spend on money to support things I think are a good idea and everything I've seen and read about GW2 looks like a good idea. Supported by micro-transactions for purely cosmetic items? Yes please. Dynamic events in open areas that don't require a party entry? Yes please. Professions with different party buffs/debuffs? Yes please. An emphasis on action variety? Yes please. PvP that jumps everyone in at max level? Yes please. Being able to summon power/mecha armour that you or an ally can use? GODAMMIT YES.

As I said, the breaking point was when I saw another FF14 CG Trailer promising that this time around it wouldn't be such a half-baked shitfest, with fans lining up to heap praise on something they weren't even seeing let alone playing yet, and I figured I better get under a flag that was actually going to deliver something positive unto the world in general.

Edited by gaggle64

I'm surprised this thread is on the second page with it being out in less than 10 days.

Not surprised whatsoever. The short Betas were so so and they didn't show enough of the game for anyone to have faith. Compared to Mists of Pandaria which has had over a million player beta running for several months.

The other problem is NCsoft make all the claims of this being special. Really really special. So special its revolutionary etc. that when the betas did come around it felt rather weak. I think the lack if subs are nice but the game isn't anything special at all. In fact there are some huge flaws. Its better than the crappy star wars mmo but that isnt saying much. Will buy on steam sale.

Not surprised whatsoever. The short Betas were so so and they didn't show enough of the game for anyone to have faith. Compared to Mists of Pandaria which has had over a million player beta running for several months.

Out of interest, did you play? Otherwise I don't see how you could say that.

The betas were the most polished betas I have ever played. The game essentially felt complete on the very first public beta, and really the only reason some parts were left out was because they wanted to trickle feed you new areas and races and such, so you wouldn't have seen everything already.

I think the lack if subs are nice but the game isn't anything special at all. In fact there are some huge flaws. Its better than the crappy star wars mmo but that isnt saying much. Will buy on steam sale.

It is special, it's very different in a lot of ways to many MMORPGs:

- No fees

- No dedicated tank, healer classes, etc, that essentially define most games which usually make you wait around for ages assembling a party or making you escape a battlefield if one of these so called 'important' classes dies

- Level up doing almost anything (including playing PvP). Literally no commitment to play in a certain way. You do what you want.

All this comes together to make a very different MMORPG to anything already out there. I should know because I hate most MMORPGs.

For those who haven't pre-purchased this the game releases tomorrow for all to buy and play. @Cube and @EEVILMURRAY I definitely recommend this for playing on your new rigs. This game rocks.

There's nothing that interests me. I'll be sticking to The Old Republic.

For those who haven't pre-purchased this the game releases tomorrow for all to buy and play. @Cube and @EEVILMURRAY I definitely recommend this for playing on your new rigs. This game rocks.

I have recent, slightly lower end Dell laptop (i3, nvidia 525m, 4gb), clears the min specs but what sort of performance can I expect? Especially during big boss encounters and WvW and the like. There seems to be a fair range of experiences with different hardware out there. Though if it stil looks decent on low settings it's all gravy anyway.

My brother's PC is worse than that and he can run it fine on lower settings. Put simply when there's tonnes of people I would recommend keeping your settings low. Otherwise it can run quite respectably on med settings.

I really don't know whether to get this or not. I'm dying to get into a new MMO, I doubt i'll ever get back into WoW or EVE. I'm just not sure whether it'll grab me straight away.

Overall i game very little, other than Madden and FIFA. So it'll have to be very very good to get me hooked. So i'm not sure whether i want to blow £35 on something i'll get a few hours out of.

Someone/Sheikah persuade me. :p

I'm having a lot of fun with it. Landscapes are gorgeous, crafting is cool, levelling is fun. Definitely worth buying, considering what you get for your £35.

If you make a character, try start on Far Shiverpeaks.

I'm not super deep into yet (lvl 6) and I'm not a regular MMO player but I highly recommend it. The art direction is superb, the world feels as fluid as a well designed single player game and it is constantly chucking stuff at you to do with nice dollops of XP at the end of it, so there's a rarely a dull moment. It's pretty well written too, I chose an Asura character and they're such hilariously enormous self-congratulating pricks I can't help chuckling through each story conversation.

Took the plunge and bought it.

Love it. So much fun, looks brilliant, and the combat is really nice.

Your server is full Sheikah, so I picked Blacktide instead. I'm a level 4 human hunter, I nearly picked Sylvari but I went off at the last second.

I'm also a human ranger. Shame the server was full, could you not make a character on it? It's good to pick a good server for PvP bonuses. You could still world transfer if you wanted. :)

Great isn't it? Such a blast unlike most awfully dull MMORPGs. The norn lands (read:nord) look and feel like Skyrim, the whole game is so atmospheric. More people should get this game. :D