NEurope
ReZourceman

Pet Peeves

You misunderstand me. There is no practical difference between Coke & Pepsi and Hoovers & other vacuum cleaners. For the likes of and Xbox & a Playstation, and an iPod & a Zen, there is.

Eh? You've lost me.

Maybe to you... but to my nan there is a lot of difference between Coke and Pepsi, and none between iPod and Zen.

But I guess this thread isn't about debating these pet peeves.

One other to my list: People who debate about needless stuff.

Eh? You've lost me.

I think he means that calling pepsi coke or calling a vaccuum cleaner a hoover is fine since there isn't really a difference. But calling an Xbox a Playstation isn't since there is a big difference.

I think he means that calling pepsi coke or calling a vaccuum cleaner a hoover is fine since there isn't really a difference. But calling an Xbox a Playstation isn't since there is a big difference.

Bitch is saying theres small difference between Coke and Pepsi ye say?

:mad:

18900100.jpg

TorchOfOdumegwu1.jpg

I must say I don't like any of those examples. A Hoover is a vacuum cleaner, but a vacuum cleaner isn't necessarily a Hoover. Keep it right, folks.

Why, yes, I am in fact a perfectionist. How did you figure that out?

Bitch is saying theres small difference between Coke and Pepsi ye say?

:mad:

Someones in for a serious ass forking.

Possibly my biggest peeve - well educated Creationists. Hicks from Alabama don't know any better. You should.

I don't like crowds of People, because they get in my way and they irritate me in general.

The staff that work in the Job Centre are a bunch of stuck up twats as well (not all of them, but most are!)

Someones in for a serious ass forking.

I like this!.

anyway as for Pet Peeves...

1. I'm not a fan of the word "Deffo" it just doesn't sit well on my ears.

2. People who pronounce Tortilla like GODZILLA.

That's about it and even then I'm not actually bothered by it at all. Actually scratch all that.

Lets go with I don't really have pet peeves. :)

I like this!.

anyway as for Pet Peeves...

1. I'm not a fan of the word "Deffo" it just doesn't sit well on my ears.

2. People who pronounce Tortilla like GODZILLA.

That's about it and even then I'm not actually bothered by it at all. Actually scratch all that.

Lets go with I don't really have pet peeves. :)

tortilla1-1.jpg

Some pat peeves:

DVDs. Things like:

- Menus that have long transitional effects. I just want to watch the thing (the Battlestar DVDs are annoying because of this)

- (Another Battlestar one): TV shows on DVD that have the "previously on..." segments still included.

- Bad chapter/episode selection screens (mainly episode ones as I rarely use the chapters)

- Box blurber and menu spoilers, like someone already said.

- The anti-piracy ads (and other adverts) that you can't skip. I'm fairly sure that it vastly increases piracy. Plus it doesn't make much sense - if you're seeing it then you definitely haven't pirated the film.

- The running time. Often it's hidden and displayed in minutes. When I'm quickly browsing for a film of a certain length I want to be able to take a quick glance to find out. Have it in hours and minutes, please.

On a slightly similar note, I hate box arts with critic wank plastered on them. I don't mind them if the're on a sticker (one that doesn't leave marks). The look horrible and ruin the art. A big example is Bioshock.

The capitalisation of the second part of a portmanteau when it shouldn't be capitalised. For example: GameCube is correct, FireFox is wrong.

People who think I'm odd because I drink Dr Pepper.

Some pat peeves:

DVDs. Things like:

- Menus that have long transitional effects. I just want to watch the thing (the Battlestar DVDs are annoying because of this)

- (Another Battlestar one): TV shows on DVD that have the "previously on..." segments still included.

- Bad chapter/episode selection screens (mainly episode ones as I rarely use the chapters)

- Box blurber and menu spoilers, like someone already said.

- The anti-piracy ads (and other adverts) that you can't skip. I'm fairly sure that it vastly increases piracy. Plus it doesn't make much sense - if you're seeing it then you definitely haven't pirated the film.

- The running time. Often it's hidden and displayed in minutes. When I'm quickly browsing for a film of a certain length I want to be able to take a quick glance to find out. Have it in hours and minutes, please.

On a slightly similar note, I hate box arts with critic wank plastered on them. I don't mind them if the're on a sticker (one that doesn't leave marks). The look horrible and ruin the art. A big example is Bioshock.

The capitalisation of the second part of a portmanteau when it shouldn't be capitalised. For example: GameCube is correct, FireFox is wrong.

People who think I'm odd because I drink Dr Pepper.

So how do you know when to capitalise the second "word"? I really didn't know some second sections didn't need to be capitalised.

Another thing about DVDs: The fucking trailers that have creeped onto DVDs in recent years. You can skip them one at a time with the skip chapter buttong, but you can't just press menu. I fucking hate them.