N-Europe

Pokemafia 2 - The Conversion of Justice

ReZourceman

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well we need to vote someone off, so I propose we vote off X. If you are against the idea, state why. X, feel free to defend yourself."

X: "I am not mafia."

Then what? How do people get on from the groundless accusation phase? Sorry if I seem dumb, but I just can't seem to get my head around it. I would explain better if I wasn't so tired ...

X: "I am not mafia."

Then what? How do people get on from the groundless accusation phase? Sorry if I seem dumb, but I just can't seem to get my head around it. I would explain better if I wasn't so tired ...

Go and read the very first mafia game we had. It was run by chairdriver, just look at his started threads and you'll find it.

Edit: Here you go

Edited by Dyson

I really enjoyed this game so ta very much Rez! Really enjoyed the way you tried some new twists with the roles, especially mine and Danny's. Non participators did spoil things a little again, especially in the mafia! I had a feeling that some non participators in this game and last only signed up on the chance that they got an, arguably, more interesting mafia role. I still think some kind of non-participators list would be helpful. In that they only got a spot if there weren't enough people to start a game. Also regarding reluctance to vote, I think exact phase ending times would help some to make up their minds.

I think the main problem with a vanilla mafia would just be the 'lag' in proper conversation. If anyone remembers the cry wolf game that was around a few years ago (but sadly no longer exists) it was basically a live vanilla mafia. Due to the phases only lasting a couple of minutes each and no lynching not being an option, the conversation was frentic and exciting. Without any info the group would decide who to vote and they'd try and defend themselves. Just from that sort of exchange you could spot mafia. The accuser being just a bit too eager for example. The game was pretty awesome overall. Maybe removing the option to no lynch would help too. Combined with a definite time limit which when run out would lynch the person with most votes. People would be inclined to vote more in case the mafia gained a majority and it would cause the possibility of more revealing voting pattern information.

Just some thoughts. Sorry if this was disjointed, mobile forum browsing is awkward!

Go and read the very first mafia game we had. It was run by chairdriver, just look at his started threads and you'll find it.

Edit: Here you go

But that game also contains night powers and is thus not completely vanilla. It's the total vanilla games I'm interested in - where no one has any powers and where the only thing to go by are the posts made by people - those are the ones I am curious as to how work.

It's funny to see the humble beginnings of mafia games on N-Europe. No one really knew how to play then. :heh:

Oh, no, we've not played those. Some powers are generally needed to get things rolling somewhat but not everyone needs a power. The closest thing to what you're talking about would be my Bare Bones Mafia.
I don't think a fully vanilla forum mafia would translate too well. I think the reason powers are around are probably to make forum mafias a little more exciting.

That's kinda what I've been arguing the whole time, guys. :heh: But anyway, it's good to hear we agree.