N-Europe

Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll

Hero-of-Time

got it for under £16 from amazon, :) good fun so far . blance board controls are tricky:) tho

I cancelled my Amazon pre-order. Got enough games to get through for the time being, plus it's allready been reduced to £17 at a lot of retailers, so won't be long before it's under £10.

I'm loving this trend with SEGA games, I just hope it doesn't end with All Star Racer which will probably be a success.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I love this game! Much more than Banana Blitz and the music is fantastic! I love the way it builds up as you get through the levels and then finally the vocalist starts singing as the credits come up. The best music in a Monkey Ball game to date. I've had fun using the balance board and it felt incredibly... new, which is a feeling I haven't had for a while on the Wii. though I must admit, now I've got to the harder levels I have started using the Wii Remote :P

• 1 year later...

/Resurrects old thread...

That may be true, but SEGA can't make it work with Super Monkeyball, which was my point. Probably should have outsourced it to Hudson soft perhaps.

To be honest Banana Blitz is a fantastic Monkey Ball game. The controls are insanely tremendous, and practically, if not actually 1:1. I think the only thing Sega got wrong with the game was the bosses. It just didn't need them. The game is strong enough on its own.

I love this game! Much more than Banana Blitz and the music is fantastic! I love the way it builds up as you get through the levels and then finally the vocalist starts singing as the credits come up. The best music in a Monkey Ball game to date. I've had fun using the balance board and it felt incredibly... new, which is a feeling I haven't had for a while on the Wii. though I must admit, now I've got to the harder levels I have started using the Wii Remote :P

The music is the single and only highlight in this game. I've not played it with a balance board, but controlling it with a remote reveals it to be perhaps the worst game I ever played, certainly on Wii. It's not the controls that are at fault: they are as tight as they were in Banana Blitz. It's the stupid and cheap blocks that Sega chose to litter the levels with. It just kills stone dead the flow of a Monkey Ball game, and reduces the play to insane wavy maze scrambles to the end, usually only just in time, if at all. I've just got to Far East world, and I'm giving up on the rollercoaster level. It's just plain shit, with cheapo blocks placed in your path to add artificial and unnecessary difficulty to the game. It's like did no-one playtest the fecking thing? A fucking monkey could have spotted this! :D

I love Sega, and Banana Blitz, but this one is bollocks. Sorry everyone. Had to get that off me chest. :D

/Resurrects old thread...

To be honest Banana Blitz is a fantastic Monkey Ball game. The controls are insanely tremendous, and practically, if not actually 1:1. I think the only thing Sega got wrong with the game was the bosses. It just didn't need them. The game is strong enough on its own.

The music is the single and only highlight in this game. I've not played it with a balance board, but controlling it with a remote reveals it to be perhaps the worst game I ever played, certainly on Wii. It's not the controls that are at fault: they are as tight as they were in Banana Blitz. It's the stupid and cheap blocks that Sega chose to litter the levels with. It just kills stone dead the flow of a Monkey Ball game, and reduces the play to insane wavy maze scrambles to the end, usually only just in time, if at all. I've just got to Far East world, and I'm giving up on the rollercoaster level. It's just plain shit, with cheapo blocks placed in your path to add artificial and unnecessary difficulty to the game. It's like did no-one playtest the fecking thing? A fucking monkey could have spotted this! :D

I love Sega, and Banana Blitz, but this one is bollocks. Sorry everyone. Had to get that off me chest. :D

THIS! What were they thinking?! As soon as I started using the Wii Remote I noticed all of these cheap blocks everywhere and it was really frustrating! I looked everywhere to see if there was an option to get rid of them (as it really does seem like some sort of extra feature quickly shoved in at the end) but using the balance board is the only way of doing so.