N-Europe

Phantom Boxes

Ashley

Do you use live messenger. Sometimes the ads within it gives me phantom boxes like it. I kept having the stupid transformers game ad ghosting my desktop and browsers.

Could you explain further the occurrence of these boxes, is it a random thing and do they reappear at all?

Do you use live messenger. Sometimes the ads within it gives me phantom boxes like it. I kept having the stupid transformers game ad ghosting my desktop and browsers.

Could you explain further the occurrence of these boxes, is it a random thing and do they reappear at all?

Nope. I use Adium.

It seems to be random. Its like...when you scroll over something and a box pops up with info in it. I think its that becoming ingrained into it.

I know exactly what Ash means, it's where you hover something and get those yellowish/off white boxes with a bigger description of something, and then it should dissappear after you move the mouse off, but when they do they leave behind this strange whiteness. If that is the case, I'd be inclined to wonder if your computer happens to run quite slowly, I tend to have it happen on slow computers.

I know exactly what Ash means, it's where you hover something and get those yellowish/off white boxes with a bigger description of something, and then it should dissappear after you move the mouse off, but when they do they leave behind this strange whiteness. If that is the case, I'd be inclined to wonder if your computer happens to run quite slowly, I tend to have it happen on slow computers.

Tooltip!

And yes, are you running a scan or something process intensive? Or installed something (which is running) that your system may not be able to cope with?

This happened to me when I was updating wmp on my netbook, it completely had a hissy fit and attacked me with tooltips :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm bringing this back as I currently have one looking at me.

I was chatting to someone on MSN and looking on here. MSN person sent me an image which I looked at then cmd+tabbed back to MSN and it appeared. BASTARD!

But yes...solutions?

And now its gone, dissapeared while browsing. But still, an annoy random issue which normally lasts longer.

Edited by Ashley