NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Extreme Escape: 9 Hours, 9 People, 9 Doors

If you click on the 'answers' section on this site (bottom right), you'll get to see the writer explain some questions that the fans asked, and the Seven one is included.

http://www.aksysgames.com/999/answers)

Ah, so I wasn't completely wrong :)

Thanks.

999 has been one of the greatest 'games' I've played story-wise. More developers should break away from the traditional approach to plots and stories and be more courageous.

And yeah, Virtues Last Reward...my mind is still hurting from that.

Uhh, I'm gonna love it :D

Okay so bought this game along with VLR. Really loving it, was excited tonight as I knew I was close and could to wait to see the ending... Only to get a bad ending which was deeply, deeply unfulfilling.

I absolutely hate games that force you to play through the game to get other, better endings. I have no interest in it, so was pissed off. The game does have an insanely quick button to skip which is good, and it's pretty much puzzle rooms so playing new rooms will be fine, and the story's great so I want to m is how it ends (just wish it didn't do it in this abominable way.

So, I'm playing again, ill go in different rooms (again, thankfully it tells you what you did before) and ill get a different ending which is fine. But do I really have to finish it 6 times? Are any of the endings utter bollocks? Is it just worth getting the best ending?

I had a little look online, didn't want to ruin anything so was careful. But the way to get the true ending seems infuriatingly specific... Please no one spoil anything (tag them and mark them) but what do people recommend to do?!

Tons of visual novels have multiple endings, so deal with it. :p

As for getting the true ending, I just used a spoiler-free walkthrough after finishing the game once. You'll need to get a specific ending before you can replay the game and get the true ending.

There's already a topic for this and replaying the game is integral to the nature of the game. When you replay it you aren't just going over old ground, you're being fed new information and observing different events each time. And it's not just the end that differs; it's a lot of the play through.

The true ending is epic and mind-blowing, and you are made to realise why you had to keep replaying the game.

So basically it's worth just replaying it a few times before getting the true ending or is it only worth finishing it once and then going for the tru ending?

I playing it through again, and I shoud bomb through it with the hold right button.

Can't wit to get The proper ending.... The virtues last reward!

What's better out of the two games?

So basically it's worth just replaying it a few times before getting the true ending or is it only worth finishing it once and then going for the tru ending?

I playing it through again, and I shoud bomb through it with the hold right button.

Can't wit to get The proper ending.... The virtues last reward!

What's better out of the two games?

To get the true ending I think first you have to get the coffin ending. If you've got that then you can go straight for the true ending. But it's definitely worth it.

999 has a better ending than VLR but that's because VLR is to be continued. It would completely spoil the story of 999 if you went straight to VLR without getting the true ending first, plus you'd be missing out on the best bits of 999. VLR improves on most of 999 though, even making it so you can instantly skip pretty much any repeated segment. Although there are far more 'endings' in VLR.

To get the true ending I think first you have to get the coffin ending. If you've got that then you can go straight for the true ending. But it's definitely worth it.

999 has a better ending than VLR but that's because VLR is to be continued. It would completely spoil the story of 999 if you went straight to VLR without getting the true ending first, plus you'd be missing out on the best bits of 999. VLR improves on most of 999 though, even making it so you can instantly skip pretty much any repeated segment. Although there are far more 'endings' in VLR.

Yeah I read the back of the box and it said '24 endings!' - ARGH!!! :)

I'll finish it again tonight. See what I get, then go through and make sure I work towards the true ending.

You need to get the safe ending to unlock the true ending. Don't go for the coffin ending, as it's just the true ending path but cut off several hours earlier.

I don't think you'll miss anything too important if you just go for the safe ending, then the true ending.

You need to get the safe ending to unlock the true ending. Don't go for the coffin ending, as it's just the true ending path but cut off several hours earlier.

I don't think you'll miss anything too important if you just go for the safe ending, then the true ending.

Oh, yeah, what he said. Couldn't remember which ending you needed to unlock the ability to get the true ending.

Well I'm half way through another in so ill just do that. Well it say SAFE ENDING if that's what I get? Then I'll google spoiler free true ending walk through... I really wish it didn't do this and just told me the effing story. Virtues and its 24 endings puts me off more than anything...

Here's a spoiler-free walkthrough.

Virtue's Last Reward really only has nine endings (most of the 24 endings are just endings in the same way that running out of 1-ups in Super Mario is an ending), and you can jump to the points where the story diverges, so you don't have to replay the entire game every time. No puzzle rooms repeat, either.

Well I'm half way through another in so ill just do that. Well it say SAFE ENDING if that's what I get? Then I'll google spoiler free true ending walk through... I really wish it didn't do this and just told me the effing story. Virtues and its 24 endings puts me off more than anything...

Probably, and I remember it having a picture to denote which ending you got. Like an axe icon to denote the axe ending.

Merged the new thread into the previous thread. :)

Glad VLR fixed the replaying the whole game thing by letting you jump to certain points.

Okay that does sound better. I've finished it again, got the said axe ending so pleased I finished before reading your comment :) Still a bad ending though. Going to walk through the safe ending then the true ending... It's. a great game, but this is now souring it a little.

Here's a spoiler-free walkthrough.

Virtue's Last Reward really only has nine endings (most of the 24 endings are just endings in the same way that running out of 1-ups in Super Mario is an ending), and you can jump to the points where the story diverges, so you don't have to replay the entire game every time. No puzzle rooms repeat, either.

This doesn't suggest y need to complete the safe ending... Do I definitely need to finish it? Or can I just do what's needed for the true ending?

Scrap that. Read it more clearly :) Right. Safe ending here I come!

So played, got all the endings bar the sub one, tempted to see it for completionists sake

Especially as I hear EVERYONE dies

:)

Overall, the game was a slight disappointment for me; and that's because of the multiple endings; I just don't like the idea of them and think they detract far more than they add. When I first played through the game I was so wrapped up in the story and the characters and I loved it, then I got a really unfulfilling ending... When I replayed it I just skipped everything I'd done before and this takes out out of the story, I wasn't as engaged and connected to it, I was literally just finding thenew bits. Interesting, but I wasn't engaged. After I got the 4th and true ending, I could skip pretty much it all, learnt some new bits and got the ending; but there were some simialr scenes that were in other endings, which meant that they weren't as dramatic or effective in the main ending.

All the taking people hostaghe and such

I liked the way it made sense of having mlutiple endings

Having alternate realities which feed information - when in the true ending Junpei knew things and he didn't know why, but we knew because in alternate dimensions he DID learn it - great use of dramatic irony)

But ultimately they didn't add more than what the structure took away. I would have been infinitely more satisfied if they told me one incredible story; I would have been with it from start to finished and been surprised and engrossed. By the end I was pulled out and pieced together most of it myself meaning I wasn't very surprised at all.

Saying all that, it's a game that should be played, I did really like it, and can't wait to whack on Virtues Last reward, but i really really don't like multiple endings!

Oh, another thing. I did find the puzzles way too easy. Could have been a little harder for me.

Also, i hated

Alice appearing at the end, I've read his answers, and I don't agree, it's a stupid decision

Sign in to follow this