NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Command & Conquer 4

A recent survey suggests new features that might be comnig to the next C&C title:

http://kotaku.com/5300353/what-would-you-like-to-see-in-command--conquer-4

Which of the following features would you like to see in a future version of Command & Conquer?

* Play in the first RTS game with MMORPG like player progression in which you are rewarded every time you play. Every unit you kill in single player, multiplayer, or skirmish gives you experience points that allows you to level up your abilities and unlock new units, powers, and upgrades to your arsenal.

* Play with all new, bigger and badder, units from GDI and Nod, including the Crawler, the first ever mobile base in RTS games

* Play the campaign on your own or tackle it with a friend, as co-operative campaigns return

* Play in epic 5 vs 5 online multiplayer with all new objective-based game modes

* Introducing the first mobile base in RTS games: The Crawler. Focus on the action as the Crawler becomes your all-in-one base, which can be deployed and redeployed anywhere on the battlefield for even more strategic options

* Dive into an all-new story written by a new scriptwriting team and told through trademark C&C cinematics taken to the next level with grittier, stylized FMVs in the vein of Minority Report.

* Play in the first ever class-based C&C game - a new challenge for C&C and RTS players to master.

But the most interesting detail is this:

Command & Conquer 4 allows C&C fans to finally experience the epic conclusion to the 15-year Tiberium saga with innovative RPG-like player progression, persistent in both single player and Multiplayer modes, co-op play, and new stylized, live-action cinematics.

Also, a report at planet C&C suggests the C&C4 announcement might be coming 29th July, via German gaming magazine, GameStar: http://planetcnc.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=158799

This all sounds really intruging to me, though I hope they don't deviate from the original C&C forumla too much. I'm also pretty shocked that EA are actually planning to end one of thier big franchises, rather than run it into the ground...

Edited by CoolFunkMan

For that series this may be the end. But I could still see them continue on the other expansions of C&C. With Red Alert, Generals and other ones that they have.

I took this survey late last night! It was good fun. Was gonna send it in to Kotaku but evidently no need to!

Sounds good from the questions I answered!

First screenshot released:

961087_2009070809_screen001.jpg

It looks very... Star Wars-esque to me. O.o

Official announcement: http://www.commandandconquer.com/cnc4/index.html. Trailer in 14 days! :grin:

Mods, can you please change the name of this thread to just "Command & Conquer 4"? Thanks if you guys can! ^^

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Please no Scrin, they pissed me off immensely.

I would be suprised if we didn't see them again to be honest....

Always good to hear a new C&C in the works me thinks! I had a good play of red alert 3 again the other day, loved it.

Please no Scrin, they pissed me off immensely.

Well since GDI and Nod unite to fight the Tiberium threat there's bound to be another enemy.

Edit: more over at kotaku

I doubt the Scrin will return. At the end of C&C3 the final tower was made inept so that they can't return. I expect to see a final enemy - personally I'm hoping for Mutants/Cyborgs again, similar to Tiberian Sun.

I doubt the Scrin will return. At the end of C&C3 the final tower was made inept so that they can't return. I expect to see a final enemy - personally I'm hoping for Mutants/Cyborgs again, similar to Tiberian Sun.

I dunno, i just have got a feeling that that part of the storyline is not over (Scrin) and everything that Kane was rambling on about them.

Looks like the return of the Mammoth MK2 (Probably 3 now) which was in Tiberian sun. I guess Nod are getting huge walkers of their own too. Any truce between Nod and GDI would never last anyway. I have a horrible feeling the Scrin will be back though i'd really rather have a new enemy. One which doesn't rain blue balls of crap on your base just outside range of all your anti-aircraft defense (before you say it I know you can send pitbulls but it's a pain in the ass and they always die). I can't remember what happened at the end of CnC 3 storywise. I really want the guy who did the music for Red Alert back too, Tiberian sun sound track was just made of win. In fact Tiberian sun as a game is just better than anything after it in my opinion :P

Yaaaaaay!!!!

http://www.commandandconquer.com/cnc4/index.html

Can't believe its been announced so soon!

That vid did hype me a bit, but I am still disappointed with the direction of of RA3 and the fact they they're churning this out on a early basis.

But I loved CNC3 so much, I just want to finally see Kane's big scheme.

Yeah RA3 didn't really grab my balls with all those primary colours and 'fun' looking crap. But, man, I'm basically a Tiberium Wars nut - Kanes Wrath is the shiz. All 4 needs is variety, and I'm sure it will be even sweeter.

But... but, I made a thread on this. T_T Ah well, looks like it'll be awesome! ^^

EDIT: Yays, fixed, thanks mods! ^^

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Scrin aren't such an issue with me. As soon as Im aware that Im facing scrin opponents, then I spam my venom w/ laser & dozer upgrades or prepare rattlesnake Firehawk, and tungsten AA upgrades. Then just waypoint kill those 'motherships'.

Nice work Shorty

Tbh, I found the Scrin quite tough opponents, but then I suck at C&C3. :heh: Though they did fit into the story quite well, explaining the origins of Tiberium (unlike The Empire of the Rising Sun in RA3, which had no place in the RA universe what-so-ever! ¬¬)

I hope you realise that the RA universe and the Tiberium universe are, for now, seperate? :heh: Allies are not GDI and Soviets are not NOD - though it wouldn't surprise me. The EotRS fit in to the storyline fine - the soviets messed up spacetime continuum and in the alternate reality, the Empire were the new superpowers. I thought it was great :D

Though the balancing was certainly off from the start..

I hope you realise that the RA universe and the Tiberium universe are, for now, seperate? :heh: Allies are not GDI and Soviets are not NOD - though it wouldn't surprise me. The EotRS fit in to the storyline fine - the soviets messed up spacetime continuum and in the alternate reality, the Empire were the new superpowers. I thought it was great :D

Though the balancing was certainly off from the start..

I know that, plus EA have no plans to merge the universes. I was just stating that with RA3, adding a third faction was completely pointless. But then with the RA series, I admit I'm a tad biased. Alas, I'm going slightly off topic here...

C&C4 composers confirmed!!!

Work is underway on Command and Conquer 4. James will be collaborating with composers Jason Graves (Dead Space) and Timothy Wynn (Red Alert 3, Warkhawk) on the score for the game, currently in development by Electronic Arts Los Angeles.

Source, via this thread: http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jforum/posts/list/18615.page

Looks like Klepacki won't return then. Ah well, they all seem like good composers!

Battlecast Primetime 2.0 - New C&C4 details

http://portal.commandandconquer.com/portal/site/cnc/cnctv/detail?contentId=2b3538cf4e2a2210VgnVCM1000006017780aRCRD

Not much was really said about C&C4, but there's a few interesting facts:

- There'll be explinations about Kane

- Not everything will get answered, elements of the story will still be shrouded in mystery

- Playing any mode (single player, co-op, multiplayer) helps players gain 'experience points'

- XP can be spent on new units, powers, etc

- Player's army, XP, level, etc is carried across to all gameplay types, in SP or online

- Heavy emphasis on personal customisation, for more unique gameplay experiences

- Most units ever in any C&C game

- Base walkers replace base building mechanic

Sounding good so far! :D

Okay, I'm in on the C&C4 beta. Anyone who pre-ordered the Premier Edition of Red Alert 3, and entered the beta code within it before the deadline can get it now.

I'm not allowed to say much though, as there's a strict NDA on the beta. All I'll say is, I'm not that impressed. The gameplay doesn't really suit C&C at all, and it feels a tad overwhelming at first. Maybe I need more time to get used to it, and not play on servers where all opponents want to do is defeat you a quickly as possible. But then, hardly anyone's playing it atm...

Still, I think the concept behind it is great, it just needs refining. I'll still be buying this to see how the Tiberium saga ends.

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Can't believe this is gonna be the last C&C ever :(

It's not the last C&C ever, it's the last of the Tiberian/Tiberium saga. There'll still be Red Alert and Generals, plus I'm sure EA will come up with yet another C&C series.

I'm kinda glad its the last one, every time I hear about it I get disappointed. I'm really only playing it for the story.

It's not the last C&C ever, it's the last of the Tiberian/Tiberium saga. There'll still be Red Alert and Generals, plus I'm sure EA will come up with yet another C&C series.

I'm sure I read on Kotaku it was the last ever?