NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Words cannot explain how happy I was when I saw that! Seriously, this E3 has been dozens of times better than last year's!

Seriously, this E3 has been dozens of times better than last year's!

True! It were good conferences. In my opinion, Sony had the best conference, but atleast Nintendo showed us a lot of content when compared to last years Animal crossing 1.3. Now if only they could speak like they are talking to 'relatively' mature people instead of making a speech at a kindergarten.

Ah, Yoshi. Finally you came home, after way too long. And you're not stealing fruit and spitting all over the place! Good Yoshi! But... who's that odd moustached fellow with the red cap on his back? Probably some power-up, I wager.

I know the Koopa Kids make their return in SMBWii (:yay::yay: and more :yay:), but it would be mighty nice to see them in this game as well. Me, unsatifiable?

I wonder how they are going to do it story-wise. Interesting...

Edited by Strange Cookie

I don't know what makes you think this.. The music in the trailer is not performed by an orchestra, but that's no reason for concern. It's clearly a synth mock-up done for the specially for the trailer. If you remember the first version of Koji Kondo's 'Good Egg Galaxy' we heard in the early footage of Galaxy1 it was also synth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ3qCbudhpg

They won't record the score with a proper symphony orchestra until near the end of development.

Ah good point; I thought that the original was shown with the orchestrated one, but hey, that's only good news :). Glad to know that there's someone here who can tell synth when they hear it.

YOSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

Glad to see you in a 3D plateform game again. And this time, you seem to have some use! WOOT!

Does anyone remember back in the day when you'd have to wait for a completely new console for a 3D Mario game? I can't help but feel this is too soon.

Nevertheless, it'll be brilliant. The graphics are looking superb, and any new ideas from Miyamoto will always go down a treat.

I, for one, cannot wait.

There's a sequal so soon due to the amount of ideas the team wasn't able to put in the original. These ideas look fantastic. I wanna go play Galaxy again.

There's a sequal so soon due to the amount of ideas the team wasn't able to put in the original. These ideas look fantastic. I wanna go play Galaxy again.

I always think that, but whenever I play a completed game, it's always boring.

I still can't decide what the highlight for me was when it came to the conference, this or Golden Sun 3. GS3 had the surprise factor but this is a sequel to one of the greatest games ever made.

As I was watching the trailer live on gamespot I had such a smile on my face which eventually turned into a cheesy grin due to Yoshis arrival and then the awesome Galaxy music. In fact a few of us of MSN said how good the music was in the game at pretty much the same time.

Does anyone remember back in the day when you'd have to wait for a completely new console for a 3D Mario game? I can't help but feel this is too soon.

Back in the day? That was yesterday, as far as I'm concerned. :heh: Back in the day was the days of the NES. Anyway, yeah I do remember yesterday, and it sucked. Nintendo consoles are meant to have more than just one Mario platformer. I don't understand why is everyone so "sad" that a new SMG is coming out. So many people cry "too soon", "repetitive", "possibly boring". I mean, wtf?? What kind of gamers are you guys today if a single game wears out a whole new idea alone? How can a second SMG be boring, if it was the first of its kind? Why do you want to wait longer to play a new Mario game? I wouldn't mind one every year! And don't worry, Nintendo have lots of gameplay and design ideas to make great levels. And they don't usually rush things.

I don't think people don't want this and would rather wait for it. I think people just want to see Star Fox, and F-Zero, ect before a new Mario.

Really? I don't. Rather have this over that anyday.

Wanted it before Mario? Nah. Expected it before Mario? Possibly.

I don't know where I saw it but it said that 95% of the game was new ideas they couldn't fit into galaxy, seems great for me.

I don't think people don't want this and would rather wait for it. I think people just want to see Star Fox, and F-Zero, ect before a new Mario.

Unless the next F-Zero is developed by AV again a sequel would probably be a disservice to GX. And I don't think the Wii would be able to deliver what we really want from the next F-Zero: 30 player online races. Fuck Yeah

And Star Fox? Really? Unless Nintendo decide to finally stop outsourcing the series or give it to someone like Treasure I really wouldn't mind Fox keeping a low profile for a while.

So I'll have some of those happy pills too if you really believe more people want to see a new F-Zero or Star Fox than a Mario platformer.

Well you're weird. :wink:

You could say that. I just love the Star Fox franchise - bar Starfox Assault *shudders*.

You could say that. I just love the Star Fox franchise - bar Starfox Assault *shudders*.

You liked Star Fox Command?!

That was even worse!

I'd rather i remember Starfox as a Super NES and N64 franchise.

You liked Star Fox Command?!

That was even worse!

Haven't played it actually. Loved Adventures and Lylat Wars though.

Haven't played it actually. Loved Adventures and Lylat Wars though.

Aye. I never understood all the hate for Adventures. Sure it was a complete departure from the first two games and it was a Zelda clone but it was nice Zelda clone.

Tricky sucked though.

McMadness?!?! Where have you been? :heh:

I actually quite enjoyed Star Fox Command, I thought the more tactical approach with the touch screen worked very well. It's a shame it received such a mixed response from critics and fans, as I'd have liked to have seen Nintendo expand on that a bit more.

People "hate" it because Rare didn't end it. The shoehorned Starfox version of the game hyped up the scales dude as the main boss, but at the end "fuck off, here's Andross!". I really liked the game though.

Don't think that's why people hated it. Think it was the fact it's so linear, pretty easy, and all their was to combat was pressing A.

Don't think that's why people hated it. Think it was the fact it's so linear, pretty easy, and all their was to combat was pressing A.

Ah but if I remember correctly when you held down the analogue stick while mashing A Fox would do that awesome spinning attack with the staff.

I was such an impressionable eleven year old.