NEurope
Caris

WWDC 2009

Well yeah I get that' date=' but I don't get why you'd pay probably a lot of money when Google Maps is more than useable for getting around.[/quote']

It doesn't speak the instructions of where to go.

It doesn't do turn-by-turn properly.

It doesn't have an accurate measure of how long it will take.

It doesn't say what speed you are going and ETA.

Loads of reasons. SatNav is for when you're driving and can't keep glancing at the small map. Google Maps is fine for just walking about if you're looking for somewhere though.

But anyway... Not long left and no mention of a new iPhone?!?

Announce the new iphone already!

And bring down the imacs in price please!

So does that mean the UK will get it at the same time? Also, what's going to happen with the O2 Price? If it's not available free with a contract, I'm just getting a 3G instead.

UK is a week after the US release so that makes it the 26th right?

£99 with a 18month contract.

Fuck it. Looks like I'll be ordering a 3G then. Are you *sure* on that price? Oh, and will the 16gig one be going completely, or just going down in price?

Edited by Slaggis

I will be getting the 16gb one hopefully on pay as you go because I am already on a damn 3 contract!

UK is a week after the US release so that makes it the 26th right?

I thought it was 19th in the UK too?

19th June 2009 is Worldwide (unless i've been misinformed). Carphone Warehouse, Apple Stores and O2 shops will have them (and demo units) up by a week on Friday.

UK pricing... unclear. Higher than the 3G (not helped by the bad exchange rates) but how much higher? How long is a piece of string?

I'm confused about the current 16GB 3G. Will it be going down in price, or be discontinued?

I'm confused about the current 16GB 3G. Will it be going down in price, or be discontinued?

Probably discontinued. I can't see them having to different 16Gb iPhone's on the market. It would just confuse people.

19th June 2009 is Worldwide (unless i've been misinformed). Carphone Warehouse, Apple Stores and O2 shops will have them (and demo units) up by a week on Friday.

UK pricing... unclear. Higher than the 3G (not helped by the bad exchange rates) but how much higher? How long is a piece of string?

I'm thinking the 3G will be £49, 3GS will be £99 and £149.

Think i'll pick up a second hand 3G, depends how much they're trading for and if i can pick up a SIM-Free model (might be best looking at the French eBay site for that or sommat). The 3GS is nice but there's not that much added that wasn't in OS 3.0 really.

As long as the 8GB 3G is still free on contract, I'll just order that tomorrow. Still a bit miffed that with the kind of minimal inprovements, the price is going to go up to 99 quid. Damn, I wish I wasn't saving money right now.

I'm thinking the 3G will be £49, 3GS will be £99 and £149.

That's what i'd guess at, but wouldn't suprise me to see 24-month contracts as standard. Possibly with the 8GB for free, can't see them selling many at £50 when another £50 gets you double the memory, a better camera and better battery life.

Christ those seem expensive, also, we can't upgrade from the 3G until our contracts are up? Absolute rubbish.

Upgrade period is usually the last month of the contract. It seems the only solution would be to pay off the rest of the contract (monthly tariff x months left) and then pay for the new phone. If I was going to upgrade I wouldn't want to have to pay to upgrade/cancel the contract.

lol

3170912-Milking-the-Cow-0.jpg

Taking the piss much? They've gone from pushing their luck to blatantly taking the piss.

Upgrade period is usually the last month of the contract. It seems the only solution would be to pay off the rest of the contract (monthly tariff x months left) and then pay for the new phone. If I was going to upgrade I wouldn't want to have to pay to upgrade/cancel the contract.

Nah, last time with the 3G they let existing iPhone customers upgrade as long as they started a new contract. Presumably will be the same again.

Edit, just seen the prices. Absolutely ridiculous! £280 for the 32GB model on an 18 month contract?!?

Edited by Charlie

Completely agree, I certainly won't be getting one for a good while. I think I'll let my contract expire and move onto o2 simplicity when it does.

Nah, last time with the 3G they let existing iPhone customers upgrade as long as they started a new contract. Presumably will be the same again.

On the o2 site there is absolutely no mention of it and says current iPhone users should download 3.0 for new features. I don't think we're going to be able to get a nice and easy upgrade.

There is someone over at What Mobile saying upgrades will be available to existing iPhone customers, but only upon signing up to a new 24-month contract. No idea if it's true or not.

On o2 twitter whoever was posting said that if the contract was not in the timeframe for an upgrade then you would have to pay to cancel if you really wanted a 3GS.

"To clarify, you can upgrade early if you want to, however you will ned to pay to end your contract.

If you want to end your contract early, give us a call and we can explain how much that will cost."