NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

The Worlds Fastest Broadband Connection

I was about to blabber on about a load of things until I noticed it was a G and not an M.

Wowsers.

This makes me sad that im currently trying to sort out my 8mb connection from being 0.2mb haha. Sick.

I'm struggling just to get my 8Mb connection to hit 1 meg. Currently stuck at 876kbps

Yeah, great, now to find a 40Gb/s capable router/network card... oh wait, they don't exist. (or do they?)

Even if they do, that speed is faster than whan your HDD can take. I don't know what's the point of so much speed.

I don't know what's the point of so much speed.

I'd imagine it would be quite beneficial for something like onlive.

Damn, mah men BN already said everything, completely useless. OnLive really is the only thing to gain from this if, you know, our wireless and Ethernet connections weren't 1/40 of this.

The point of this much bandwidth is as a simple demo, he's trying to demonstrate that his technology allows for a single line to carry that much data. If ISPs were actually installing this tech they'd likely split that 40Gb/s connection across your whole street or something rather than give it all to a single household. Still, it's not gonna happen. The lines might be able to carry that much data but the ISP's servers wouldn't be able to handle a lot of people with 1Gb/s+ connections, all ISPs would need to vastly upgrade their servers which would result in silly prices for the consumer.

Sign in to follow this