- Wii Speak

- Wii Motion+ Guns

- Wii Motion+ Swords

- Still early in development, goal is to make a great game, super high quality

- Encourage fans to email them regarding the game: [email protected]

Edited by Retro_Link

The Grinder gets a crossbow, destructible vehicles

January 3, 2010 by RawmeatCowboy Filed Under: Wii

Have you been voicing your requests for The Grinder, High Voltage's upcoming Wii project? Even if you haven't, plenty of other fans have. It turns out that two of the biggest requests thus far have involved the addition of a crossbow, as well as destructible vehicles. The good news is, High Voltage has indeed been listening. Both of these elements have been added to the current build of the game. If you have more requests for this title, now is as good a time as any to start asking!

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=109682

Halloween 2011... So this will basically be going up against Left4Dead 4?

Good luck to them.

And suddenly I lose all interest.

That's really bugged me. :\

x2

Now I'm just curious to see how it sells.

Multiformat? This'll be interesting.

This. Now I'm not sure what platform to buy it for, or even if I should still buy it.

My reactions were as follows:

Multiplatform: "Aww, really? That's a bit of a bummer..."

See's Screenshots: "HOLY CRAP! LOOK AT THAT CONCEPT ART! THAT'S AMAZING!!! DO WANT!"

Q4 2011 release: "Aww, really? That's a bit of a bummer..."

Gutsy!

It's a shame for the Wii, though. Atleast it's still coming to Wii.

Truth be told, for the moment I'm more inclined to buy this for PS3... :red: But let's first wait and see how the game turns out. Conduit was hyped beyond belief, and for no reason.

Speaking of...

Besides, we clearly succeeded at our core goal; to create a kick-ass first person shooter that everyone can play!

I had to laugh. It's not the worst FPS, but a kick-ass FPS? That's stretching it a little. It's generic beyond belief. The only thing it has going for it was the controls IMO. But what use are wonderful controls when you can't do something really interesting with it? Hopefully The Grinder wil rectify this.

WTF was that trailer?... have they taken a completely new approach with this now?... I thought it was going for a Gridhouse vibe and possibly a little light hearted like HotD: Overkill.

'Teaser trailer'... fuck off... we were getting trailers and long gameplay videos not so long ago.

Now all I see is vehicles, slow hulking characters, a ramped up horror meter, and a rediculous release date!

Though tbf, the graphics are pretty impressive!

Edited by Retro_Link

Halloween 2011... So this will basically be going up against Left4Dead 4?

Good luck to them.

2011... it'll be on the Wii's successor then... ported down to the current next gen duo. :indeed:

multiformat hmm i dunno. If conduit went multiformat it would have been killed.

I don't really have much faith in these developers either.

The Grinder No Longer First-Person Shooter

You may recall last year we ran a little preview of a game called The Grinder, a first-person shooter made for Wii by High Voltage Software, the team that brought The Conduit to life on the Nintendo console. This game was to be a first-person shooter follow-up to The Conduit that featured four player co-op gameplay in a horror setting, similar to Valve's Left 4 Dead series.

You may also recall our story we ran just a few short weeks ago that revealed that High Voltage Software was making The Grinder as a multi-console game, versions for the Wii and Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, for release in late 2011.

There's another chapter to this tale, and it's unfolded at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco this week. Behind closed doors, High Voltage Software revealed to us the first playable of The Grinder on the Xbox 360. And it was not a first-person shooter. At all.

Instead, it's a top-down shooter in similar vein to Robotron or Gauntlet, with all four players sharing the same screen and controlling their characters with dual-analog control: left stick for movement, right stick for shooting.

The theme of the game is still the same: a wild west setting with towns overrun with vampires, imps, werewolves and other crazy killers. The idea is to blast your way through the environments with the variety of weapons at your disposal, all the while picking up health, ammunition and other items that'll increase your weapons' power.

The game looked sharp on the Xbox 360 console but it definitely has a ways to go – a year and a half is a good amount of time to get all the bells and whistles into a game and tweak the controls and optimize the framerate.

The reason for the change: while The Grinder would have been one of very few first person shooters on the Wii, it'd be among several on the higher def consoles and the team decided to not enter that genre glut with a "me too" product.

No final decision has been made about the Wii version, however – it could end up the first-person design that it was always originally intended to be, or it could end up a version of the game that's being created for the 360 and PlayStation 3.

Heh...

Good God, High Voltage should just stfu until they work out precisely what they're doing what their franchise. Do not start a hype train before even basic design elements are laid out.

Hopefully it's just a HD spin-off (possible download?), and the Wii still get's the planned FPS version.

Pics :

gdc-10-the-grinder-no-longer-first-person-shooter-20100311061451080_640w.jpg

gdc-10-the-grinder-no-longer-first-person-shooter-20100311061524344_640w.jpg

gdc-10-the-grinder-no-longer-first-person-shooter-20100311061446580_640w.jpg

This looks awful. I think this will be just a Live game and Wii will keep the FPS version. If not, then that will not go down well with gamers!

This looks awful. I think this will be just a Live game and Wii will keep the FPS version. If not, then that will not go down well with gamers!

I don't know why, but I find the ever-developing development of the game, along with the entailing attitudes of the gaming community at large, about ten times more interesting (and amusing) than the game itself.

Good game gone down the drain.

Hope this is just some kind of spinoff.

Looks like gamers would be better off just downloading that Dracula game that came out on DSiWare and Wiiware last week. :heh:

Oh man it looks bad!...

That's the 360 version I'm assuming, given the green 'A' buttons on screen.