NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
jayseven

XBox360: Football Management Games

So I'm a big fan of the xpert eleven league we have on this forum, and I was considering getting a football management sim for my xbox. I've seen lots for less than a tenner (football manager 06 and 07, for example) and was wondering if anyone here is a fan, or knows which games to get/avoid?

Fifa has a manager mode. You play the games with the team but you also have the option to sim a match, the transfer window, scouting, player exp, and tactics. You also have the proper Football Manager and Championship Manager games. Played FM 06 but I would much rather have the option to play with the team.

LMA Manager 2007 might be three years out of date, but you could be able to get it quite cheap nowadays and it's an easy 1000 Gamerpoints if you fancy it.

Football Manager 2009 on the PC is the most addictive game ever once you get going. I would wait for that to come out on the 360 if it does? if not 2008 is good but of course not up to date.

Fifa has a manager mode. You play the games with the team but you also have the option to sim a match, the transfer window, scouting, player exp, and tactics. You also have the proper Football Manager and Championship Manager games. Played FM 06 but I would much rather have the option to play with the team.

Surely missing the point slightly? I play FIFA and Pro Evo but not for the management side of things and leave that to FM.

Football Manager 2009 on the PC is the most addictive game ever once you get going. I would wait for that to come out on the 360 if it does? if not 2008 is good but of course not up to date.

They've stopped doing the 360 versions for now...so they can concentrate on PC, PSP and of course FMLive (which is awesome!)

Manager mode in FIFA is an awful reprentation of a management simulation.

You should definitely get the most recent Football Manager game, it has the best user interface and most accessibility of all the sim games, in my humble opinion anyway.

Nothing beats the feeling of guiding Barnsley to the Champions League final.

I'm not too fussed about how accurate teams are, or anything -- I'm so out of touch with football it'd be better for me to get an older one!

Football manager 06 is a measly £2 (£4 with free delivery on play), 07 is £4 and 08 is, in comparison, a whopping £22. Bargain for the first two! I'll check the sheffield branch when i get back up there to see if they have any stock and save on postage!

EDIT: Free delivery on CEX.co.uk?! FM '06 GET!

Cheers for the tips to steer away from FIFA. I may actually work through the years and pick up 08 after I get all the gamerpoints for the first two, or something :P

All you guys who play management sims should really check out the http://www.xperteleven.com - we have a league here with about 20 teams split over two divisions. New season will start in a couple of weeks... END OF SHAMELESS PLUG!

Edited by jayseven

All you guys who play management sims should really check out the http://www.xperteleven.com - we have a league here with about 20 teams split over two divisions. New season will start in a couple of weeks... END OF SHAMELESS PLUG!

Even if you already played it in earlier seasons, give it another go. :wink: [/sHAMELESS PLUG 2]

I played it I think in the first season but really couldn't keep up FML and FM Handheld keep more than happy.

Sign in to follow this