N-Europe

IGN Tease

Noku

oh let's not go mad ravenblade never really looked THAT good? it;s like the forbidden fruit.. people only want it because they can't have it...

I'm pretty sure this won;t be killer instinct.. it;s likely to be a new franchise I think :) just when they use the words "ground-up" it makes me feel like that.

it could be killer instinct, the only rights that Rare had are the Music parts and some Characters, like Sabrewolf fulgore , Tusk

And Cinder was from Midway, when midway left so also Cinder left

But the rights of the Story and the Name of the Game is from Nintendo

So if anyone is to bring the Game out it is Nintendo and Rare to get Back to eachother and i dont think nintendo is going to give that to anyone.

What are you talking about? They forced Retro studios to can it during the Gamecube days.

It's no longer the Gamecube days. Retro are no longer tasked with the monumental challenge of bringing one of Nintendo's most cherished franchised into 3D. It would only be natural if Retro wanted to go back to Raven Blade, and I don't honestly see Nintendo saying no a second time round.

I honestly don't see Nintendo giving it a chance on a more casual orientated console (which hardcore aimed titles doing pretty poorly) with a game that, although we saw a nice trailer, was apparently a total mess.

^ It was a mess mainly for the reason that Retro had no definite goal. They were working on 5 titles at the same time so it was probably a good thing that Nintendo/Miyamoto stepped in and turned a few desks. I could see them being allowed to do it again but the problem for them is how they discern it from the likes of Zelda. Would it go towards a more God of War style gameplay to combat this? And how would the controls transition to that especially if you were having to gesture the whole time while fighting off loads of enemies.

Like I say, I reckon Nintendo would let them take a proper stab at it after the great work they've done on the Metroid series. It's just whether they have the ideas to carry Raven Blade the whole way or whether Nintendo will step in and change too much.

What are you talking about?

This:

Actually...a bird-like helmet. A big blade.

Raven Blade?

Ohhh... Interesting. Raven Blade would without a doubt be published by Nintendo, IGN's Craig Harris has recently seen a Nintendo title (Tuesday just gone) - which we've not heard anything about (although Matt does refer to it ion his Blog).

Only speculating here, thats pretty much what this thread is all about. Unless i've missed Fils-Aime or Iwata joining to spill some beans. I think Retro deserve a shot at new IP- and why not resurrect one of their own creations?

I honestly don't see Nintendo giving it a chance on a more casual orientated console (which hardcore aimed titles doing pretty poorly) with a game that, although we saw a nice trailer, was apparently a total mess.

I will give you a manicure with my tongue if it turns out Retro's next title is casual.