N-Europe

Nintendo is right

Konfucius

The setup for PC games is indeed very limited, actually it became more and more limited over the years. Some years ago you had additional peripherials like a Joystick, a Gamepad and such, now it's all narrowed down to Mouse and Keyboard.

It's not 'very limited'! As I've already said, the mouse and keyboard is a very versatile control combination, and only limited by how developer's choose to use it. Further more, there are plenty of PC gaming peripherals knocking about. And with beauties like Logitech's MOMO Racing wheel and Thrustmaster's HOTAS Cougar joystick and throttle I could easily argue that the PC leads the way in quality gaming peripherals.

It's the same boring gameplay over graphics argument and it's, if I have not mentioned it thus far, FUCKING BORING.

you know that if ur not interested in the discussions that are going on in this thread you could simply 'not click on it'. its may seem hard at first but I'm sure you'll pull through.

There is one flaw / problem that peple are missing. Nintendo have not solved the problem. They have merely at best restarted the cycle. I say at best because i see the rev controller as the next step up from the keyboard and mouse, almost like d-pad to analogue stick. And im not sure that it is enough to tempt back disillusioned gamers for long. especially if the games are still the same

Look at it like this if you've lost interest in watching films, is watching the same kind of films in 3d going to reignite you love for them??

I guess my point is the controller isnt enough to guarantee a better experience than 360 or PS3. Nintendo needs to inspire developers too, i know their trying and i hope they succeed.

I also think that people are underestimating nintendo's position on graphics because they arent focussing on them. I mean come on you want the graphics to be the same as RE4?? Nintendo arent going to try and get away with something like that simply because its too risky, i mean when was the last time nintendo let people down on the graphical side??

My final comment i cant wait to play a 2d platformer with the freehand controller. Id love a sequel to DK: Jungle beat or something original to use it!! I also suspect that the freehand controls in smash brothers would be similar, you use gestures to move and 'A' and 'B' for attacks not sure about shields tho

I played the Xbox 360 yesterday and I just got bored with it.

There was Project Gotham 3, there was Kameo, and there was Perfect Dark too, and I played them all but it didn't excite me. There was a slight, faint wow for the graphics first but that all faded away pretty fast. Project Gotham 3 looks pretty good, but it doesn't really improve much over the Xbox PGR2 much at all. The racing just feels exactly the same. There was Perfect Dark Zero, which just felt like another FPS, and Kameo looked really nice and crisp but that's a game you need to be on a couch to have fun with.

The bottom line is that there was nothing that makes me want an Xbox 360 because it really feels like it's Xbox 1.5. Graphics only get me when I see videos or when playing the first three minutes (or when playing TWW but that's beside the point), so there is nothing about the 360 that makes me even doubt of spending a ridiculous €400 on it.

The controller is pretty damn nice though.

Look at it like this if you've lost interest in watching films, is watching the same kind of films in 3d going to reignite you love for them??

Well for how i personally feel about the current situation of gaming, any change to me personally is good but then again thats only my sole opinion of how i feel about it because of how bored i am with the current control types out there, like how the DS grabbed my excitment because it was a new idea on a videogame handheld and it was fresh to me.

like i said, thats just i feel tho.

I think that Microsoft's and Sony's problem is that we reached the point on which a console was powerful enough to do any game well with very decent graphics already in the current generation. Upgrading the power of the console used to mean that more was possible in gameplay as well, but that doesn't seem to work for the 360. It's only graphics, graphics, graphics that have improved, and so the step up from PS2 <> PS3 is much smaller as the step PS1 <> PS2. Nintendo actually have something new, so at least they make the difference bigger with the Cube than Microsoft or Sony are making their gaps with Xbox and PS2.