N-Europe

Generic sci-fi game assets

Wesley

Hello! I am a couple of days and nights away from handing in my work for a group game project. The game is a non-working, crappy rip-off of Spectraball (http://www.flashcubestudios.com/projects/spectraball/). It's set in a sci-fi, space type world with very little imagination... I'm actually starting to bore myself thinking about it.

Anyway, I'm running out of ideas for assets to create for the game. So if you cool cats can think of any I'd love you even more than I already do. Any will do, things that interact with the ball, small props, etc.

Thaaank you.

P.S.

You may be thinking, well shit, he sounds like he couldn't care, why should I.... well, I can't think of an answer to that....

Put Monkeys in the balls.

Ha! I'm actually going to do that, put a little alien in the ball, with control leavers, he moves the ball! A shameless rip-off, but I don't care! Haha! Awesome, I was looking for an excuse to actually design, model and texture something half-decent, instead of boring stuff.

What kind of assets do you already have made? I don't want to suggest things and they don't fit the theme.

Okay, prepare the crap-tastic list:

We have.. a bounce pad! :bouncy:

Cascading pipes (you trip a laser beam and these pipes, attached to a wall, fall off and onto the balllll).

Holographic floor, which is... a holographic floor.

A magnetic pull... thing, basically pulls the ball from it's track.

Magnetic strip, which lets the ball roll along it and go upside down, etc.

Orbit ball, where the ball can jump near it and orbit around it, then jump out of it in a different direction.

Tractor beam... shit, which is the same as the magnetic pull. Damnit... okat, the magnetic pull is now a tesla coil.

I have a few others for props, like fans, control panels, switches, etc.

So if you can think of any other generic sci-fi assets please do assist. Just stick holo infront of it and I can use it. Har-de-har-ha!

Aren't those more gameplay elements rather than static assets? Good job I asked because I was gonna suggest to model space desks and crates. :)

How about something like a telekenetic wave. Say you're rolling a long then out of the wall this force pushes the ball off its track.

Another idea is like a microwave or thermopad, it 'melts the ball' makes the movement harder to control.

Apologies if i'm barking up the wrong tree.