Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Toy Story Mania!

welsh_gamer

This is one mini-game collection I'll be sure to pick up!

thumb_pie_toss_01.jpg

thumb_mine_01.jpg

DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS ANNOUNCES TOY STORY MANIA!, INSPIRED BY THE DISNEY/PIXAR FEATURE FILM “TOY STORY,†EXCLUSIVELY FOR Wii™

Beloved “Toy Story†Characters and Theme Park Attraction Provide Backdrop for Family-Friendly Carnival-Style Video Game

BURBANK, Calif. – (March 24, 2009) – Disney Interactive Studios today announced Toy Story Mania!, inspired by the Disney/Pixar animated feature “Toy Story,†will be released exclusively for the Wii™ home video game console this fall. Toy Story Mania! showcases an array of entertaining games based on the new Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort attractions, while featuring the iconic characters and humor from the popular Disney/Pixar “Toy Story†franchise.

“The ‘Toy Story’ franchise is a fun, dynamic and heart-warming series containing characters and themes that connect with every age group,†said Craig Relyea, senior vice president of global marketing, Disney Interactive Studios. “Toy Story Mania! combines those popular elements with the unique antics of the new theme park attraction for the ultimate in family entertainment.â€

In Toy Story Mania!, players experience the fast-paced, zany fun of the Toy Story Mania! theme park attraction, which is an interactive experience requiring 3D glasses and involving rapid or quick-firing shooting galleries. In addition to galleries adapted from the attraction, the game includes new and original galleries and a series of mini games, all hosted by beloved characters from the movies. The thematically-connected levels are designed for up to four players of all ages with competitive and co-operative multiplayer options. Toy Story Mania! also includes bonus 3D features, transforming the game experience with eye-popping visuals.

The Pixar-created “Toy Story†and â€Toy Story 2†have both had successful box office and DVD sales. The Disney Digital 3Dâ„¢ theatrical re-release of “Toy Story†is in the works and will open in theatres on October 2, 2009, followed by the 3D re-release of “Toy Story 2†opening on February 12, 2010, leading up to the premiere of “Toy Story 3†in 3D summer 2010. Toy Story Mania! is the first video game to place characters from these films into a carnival game setting and is expected to resonate with fans of the films and the attraction, as well as gamers who like pick-up-and-play party games

Developed by Papaya Studio, Toy Story Mania! will be available this fall exclusively for Wii.

Source

I loved Toy Story, can't really remember number 2 that well, but for those who don't know, they're making a third.

So, Let the milking commence (although i will definately watch and probably love number 3

:grin:)

Gonna have to watch Toy Story 2 tomorrow

:smile:you see what you guys do to me? :heh:

And there was a game for the N64 which was okay as far as I remember. Average tie-in platformer.

(and its in fact one of the most milked Pixar franchises because its the only one Disney have the rights (or more of the rights, I forget) for so they whore it out. Why do you think there's a third coming out? And the 3D versions? And 1 & 2 are going in the Disney DVD 'vault'? Plus the Buzz Lightyear spinoff tv show thing. Anwyay, I'll shush now...)

I remember Toy Story on the 16-bit platforms and it looked incredible for the time. It used pre-rendered graphics ala DKC and really looked sumptuous for it. (What was more incredible was the fact that the Megadrive version looked nearly as good as the SNES version - this coming at a time when pre-rendered GFX were seen to be a SNES highlight.)

Toy_Story_GEN_ScreenShot2.jpg

Toy_Story_SNES_ScreenShot2.jpg.gif

The gameplay wasn't too bad and some of the later levels involving R.C. were pretty fun. Mind you, this was back in the 90's when licensed platformers were generally of a medium/high quality. Ahhh, great memories!

The N64 game (Toy Story 2) was a great platformer - on the PS1! The N64 port was a blurry, pop-up infested, framerate juddering mess. Playing as Buzz Lightyear you explored many locales in your quest to find Woody. Level design was great and control was sharp and responsive. It's a shame the N64 version was a rushed port as the PS1 version was a great title if you were a TS and platforming junkie.

16562big_2.jpgtoystory2n646_640w.jpg

Although it's sad to see this franchise go down the 'party' route (I really like the Toy Story 2 chibi Robo-alike idea!) I'm sure the franchise still packs enough punch to make it stand out from the plethora of 'me-too' party games.

(Here's hoping!)