N-Europe

Dan Dare vs BT Homehub

Dan_Dare

Hey forum!

I gots...fuckin weird issues with my 360. I'm not sure it's a NAT thing and it seems different enough to warrant it's own thread for being so odd.

Basically, my XBL connection seems totally unstable. My 360 is connected to the router fine (wireless) and as far as system settings tell me, everything is good.

However.

soon as I enter a game of anything, shit hits the fan. Halo, while not getting me outright disconnected, is so laggy that it becomes unplayable nothingness where I'm teleporting around, dying randomly and can't see anyone on the map. Street Fighter outright boots me from every game I join.

what the fuck is going on? it seems that every time I connect to another player, the router shits it's pants and puts my 360's balls in a vice.

few notes:

DLC works fine

messages, halo file shares, voice chat and parties all work fine

the console never disconnects

the signal is fine.

My pc works fine online (in the same room)

this only started about a week ago. it's been fine for months, though i did experience a similar problem when I moved in during the summer. i don't know what fixed it that time.

this happens with either my pc on or off.

oh, and sometimes Halo will sort itself out after a few mins and not trouble me again.

heeeeeeellllp!

Guest Jordan

Its either:

BT blocking ports or update to the firmware of the router thats blocking ports.

You'll need to find out how to access your router (usually its on 192.168.1.1) then enter the port opening options and grant XBOX Live ports to your 360.

You'll find a guide online.

no it's white.

It's worked perfectly for a good 8 months or so I think, only started this about a week ago.

Oh; only problem we get now with our homehub is static build-up. We just have to unplug all the leads from the back and leave for a few minutes - but i'm guessing that's been tried already...

Its either:

BT blocking ports or update to the firmware of the router thats blocking ports.

You'll need to find out how to access your router (usually its on 192.168.1.1) then enter the port opening options and grant XBOX Live ports to your 360.

You'll find a guide online.

that sounds like it could be the one. I've unblocked ports before but I've been told BT update firmware at random so I should probably do it again.

Is it one of the new black homehubs? Because I use one of the orginal homehubs, because every new homehub we ordered and used completely mucked up my Xbox connection as well.

Hmmm, just got that new shiny black one and now a tad worried about my interwebz. Has been fine but not done anything too intense PS3 wise.

Do they have a bad rep like?

mine too. |I hooked up the ethernet though and blamo. perfect connection for 2 games straight and I even got a 10 kill streak on Halo. I hooked the wireless up in the room too and got perfect connection there. I think that, somehow, it can't pick up the signal at the range I (have to) use it from. It's extremely frustrating.