NEurope
Ashley

Forum Upgraded - Please Read

Michael has very kindly upgraded the forum for us in the wee hours of the morning.

There are obviously some differences. New features have been (or at least, should have been) switched off for now and we'll pop them back on soon (to ensure we could upgraded ASAP). There are obviously slight changes in different things but hopefully nothing too problematic.

Some small changes thus far:

* Notifications (in the top right hand corner) is now different, its a drop down box and all unread messages appear on the main page in your User CP

* You can also quick reply to PMs the same way you do threads.

* Member profiles are now fancier, have tabs and stuff!

Any new issues to do with the upgrade (ie not pre-existing problems or general stuff nor database errors and such) can be posted in here and we'll sort them out. The other problems go in their relevent threads (problems/questions/"this thing's operation")

For those not using the default N-Europe theme there may be some small issues that are getting worked on but its a faff so may take a little time (no more than an hour or so) and if things on those schemes seem suddenly odd wait a minute and refresh, should be fixed by then.

Thanks very much for your patience.

Edited by Ashley

I was wondering why the member profiles looked different, thought it was a bug or something. Oh well, thanks for the info on the updates.

And thanks to Michael again for the upgrades.

Edit: Just spotted something on the profiles, which is a "One Touch Ban and Clean" button. Hmmm

Edited by Jimbob

It's true. I just tried to ban you but I don't have permission.

*resists banning you for trying this* :heh:

If you leave an open bottle of pills in a cot, is it the baby's fault that it's dead?

Honestly? I tried doing the one touch ban and clean on someone too, purely for testing reasons you understand. :heh:

Still, I'm liking it. The stretchable theme's reply box is now stretched, just like the rest of the forum. That's a nice touch! :D

Any more new features to come soon to look out for?

Ooh, hello, THIS is interesting. I can't get to the final page on the Funny videos etc thread, it keeps looping me back to 125 whenever I click 126 or the "Next Page" arrow.

I tried the button on myself for shenanigans but alas it did not work

Edited by Mundi

Argh, it's happening with the Xbox 360 thread now too. Can't get past the first page I read. Can go back but not forward.

Honestly? I tried doing the one touch ban and clean on someone too, purely for testing reasons you understand. :heh:

Still, I'm liking it. The stretchable theme's reply box is now stretched, just like the rest of the forum. That's a nice touch! :D

Any more new features to come soon to look out for?

Ooh, hello, THIS is interesting. I can't get to the final page on the Funny videos etc thread, it keeps looping me back to 125 whenever I click 126 or the "Next Page" arrow.

Experienced the same. Fact is, there IS no spoo... I mean page 126. I dunno why, but the forum believes there is a next page when there actually isn't.

I believe we are stumbling upon a folding space in the internet

One Touch has been removed from view for registered users. Someone want to verify this for me?

And im guessing rebuilding thread count didn't work. Damn. Maybe its the ghost of Rokhed.

No problem - it's fixed now. Basically it was producing a phantom page that didn't exist for some reason, but it's no longer there. Not sure what happened to fix it.