NEurope
Daft

WATCHMEN

Well then a parallel with reality needs to be drawn. America lost the war, Nixon was exiled, and the cold war still happened. But of course, nuclear fallout was threatened but never took place. How does the existence of the minutemen and the watchmen compare?

Even though he took part, and basically single handedly won, the Vietnam war in the process upsetting the balance of power and putting the world on course for nuclear Armageddon?

I wouldn't call that being objective or impartial.

"The Superman exists...and he's American."

That wasn't the Jon in the present story... that was back when he cared, when he still took part in things. I'm talking about the Jon that doesn't really care for humans. And also, I only said he was the voice of reason, not that he exacted reason. His country asked him to intervene, and so he did, for the benefit of his comrades... he didn't do it of his own accord, it's not something he would've done without being asked to by third parties.

Well then a parallel with reality needs to be drawn. America lost the war, Nixon was exiled, and the cold war still happened. But of course, nuclear fallout was threatened but never took place. How does the existence of the minutemen and the watchmen compare?

I think I mentioned this before: The Minutemen created the myth of the super hero, which the government endorses and labels Jon with. called 'The Superman', he is unfairly 'weaponised and politicised (whereas he should transcend petty human politics). I think this is where we see the deviation from real world situations: Manhattan is so powerful that the soviets become desperate. I think that's a massive distinction because, as the book argues in the prose section about the doc, they're propelled by fear in to dangerous reaction. Thus, his absence sends the world headlong towards Armageddon. In a way, The masked heroes are almost to blame for the situation. Equally, they are incapable of saving the world they have damned. When Roarsarch and and Nite Owl fight Ozimandias it's so important that, even though they can't take him in a fight anyway, it doesn't even matter if they could. His plan; his entire world is a step beyond the one they have created and their actions no longer matter.

Watched the film yesterday.

I didnt really like it that much, the film seemed to drag on.

I liked the plot twists, they just took too long to happen.

I do have a few questions, though.

How come they all seemed to have super human strength, and endurance.

What made Walters mask change?

only one had super powers, the rest were just fighters, if your gonna be a super hero, do the job well kinda thing. And rorschachs mask was a substance fabric that came about because of the technology that dr manhattan had provided the world with since he came into existance

only one had super powers, the rest were just fighters, if your gonna be a super hero, do the job well kinda thing. And rorschachs mask was a substance fabric that came about because of the technology that dr manhattan had provided the world with since he came into existance

I know only one had powers, they all seemed to have super human strength.

Did it mention about why the mask does it in the film?

the mask isn't mentioned in the film, no.

as for the fights: I'm still trying to decide if Snyder is a genius for making the contrast between the mundane and the super hero scenes so extreme, or if he's just a bit of a tit who can't do a normal fight scene. still, they looked absolutely ace.

the mask isn't mentioned in the film, no.

as for the fights: I'm still trying to decide if Snyder is a genius for making the contrast between the mundane and the super hero scenes so extreme, or if he's just a bit of a tit who can't do a normal fight scene. still, they looked absolutely ace.

Yea, they did.

If they had condensed it into like 2 hours, maybe a bit less, i would have enjoyed it.

I got bored of it after about an hour and half.

That wasn't the Jon in the present story... that was back when he cared, when he still took part in things. I'm talking about the Jon that doesn't really care for humans. And also, I only said he was the voice of reason, not that he exacted reason. His country asked him to intervene, and so he did, for the benefit of his comrades... he didn't do it of his own accord, it's not something he would've done without being asked to by third parties.

Yeah, I'm just saying by getting involved that it changed the world and then to step back from it is probably more irresponsible.

Yea, they did.

If they had condensed it into like 2 hours, maybe a bit less, i would have enjoyed it.

I got bored of it after about an hour and half.

I thought the film was too short. The last half didn't really seem to balance with a pretty well though out first half.

Tbh, I advise most people against seeing the film unless they've read the comic. It's not meant to replace the comic, it's more to compliment it (although this could have been done a bit better).

Agreed daft, you could quite clearly tell that until they arrived at adrians and nixon announced defcon one, there was nothing to suggest an end to the situations they were in. However, having read the comic, i was in utter anticipation over what was gonna happen =]