N-Europe

So Many Heroes

Dante

Eurogamer has just posted up a giant rumor related to Activision's endless milking of the Guitar Hero series. On top of Guitar Hero: Metallica, Guitar Hero: Modern Hits, and Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits, Activision is apparently releasing at least four other new Guitar Hero games including something called Band Hero, which is apparently a different game than Guitar Hero V.

Activision plans to expand the Guitar Hero range several more times before the end of the year according to a source close to the publisher.

Eurogamer has been told that Hard Rock Van Halen (August), Guitar Hero 5 (presumably a working title - September), DJ Hero (October), and Band Hero (November) are among games planned for release on PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and PS2 in 2009.

Following the release of Guitar Hero: Modern Hits, Activision also plans to release at least one more DS Guitar Hero title in 2009, the same source said.

Several of the above games are already in varying states of public undress. Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick has spoken publicly about DJ Hero already, and mentioned Van Halen rather notably at an investor conference in early 2008.

Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero (a trademark registered at around the same time as "Drum Hero") are supposedly separate titles due for the same spread of home consoles within the space of a few months, although our source was quiet on any specifics.

It would be no surprise, however, if Activision were to significantly ramp up the number of Guitar Hero releases given its importance to the company's bottom line. The impending Greatest Hits standalone disc and a Metallica title just months after Guitar Hero World Tour's late-2008 release suggest the company is eager to keep taking advantage of its breadwinner.

Activision told Eurogamer it does not comment on rumour and speculation.

Eurogamer

Eight music games in a year :blank:

Guest Jordan
Mooooooooooooo..

My thoughts exactly.

Guitar Hero: World Tour should have been the main SKU with downloadable packs for the rest of the stuff.

Activision are the new EA, they fucking suck.

My thoughts exactly.

Guitar Hero: World Tour should have been the main SKU with downloadable packs for the rest of the stuff.

Activision are the new EA, they fucking suck.

Agreed they should have gone with the modern trend for making everything a platform...not cashing in and milking the consumer for every single last bit of cash by bringing them all out as separate packages.

I thought this was something about Suda 51 announcing a spin-off No More Heroes game.

Same again, was excited for a moment.

I'm not sure whether all these GH games is a good thing or not. On one hand it's usually cheaper to buy a new game than the equivalent amount of DLC, on the other hand it means lots of disk swapping :(