NEurope
RoadKill

Ah, welcome to 1995 (or how I spent my time with Chrono Trigger)

So yeah, Chrono Trigger just came out on the DS, but I'm not interested in that version since I like playing on the big screen. I've had ample oppurtunity to complete this emulated for years but never did, however this morning and last night I've been pretty much playing Chrono Trigger non-stop.

Absolutely fantastic, and now I feel slightly enlightened at some of the references I never quite got before (Chromaggus in Blackwing Lair in vanilla wow, for example, is a play on Chrono, Magus, Magus being a boss fight in Chrono Trigger much like Chromaggus, rotating magic vunerabilities) anyway, it's good shit and I feel like an idiot for not having done this a long time ago.

I dunno, I just couldn't get in to it. I tried and really wanted to like it, much like you - I had the opportunity to emulate the game for years and chose not to for some reason.

I'll dive back in to it at some point I'm sure, but until then? Feels like a waste of space for me for now.

That said; my entire DS hasn't had much use lately either.

Yeah, I too was hooked on it at some point (on pc), but then just stopped. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it takes place throughout different timelines right? I think I stopped when I was in a futuristic locations, where we get a new character. I loved that old skool feel... Like the feeling you get from watching Terminator. Would definitely buy a VC version.

(lovely title name btw)

That said; my entire DS hasn't had much use lately either.

Is it covered with dust?

I did play it on a emulator a long time ago and really enjoyed although I never ended it, I just got confused when I reached the last boss prematurely.

I feel Chrono Trigger to be a bit overrated, I liked it, but never felt a connection to it. Definitely never felt like playing again for other endings.

^^ That's fair enough, but I still feel it's an easily above average RPG, regardless of release date. I rarely ever play games through again a second time, either.

Ah, 1995. The year of Yoshi's Island and DKC 2.

2009 is the year of Chrono Trigger as far as I'm concerned! :heh:

Also excellent games. Especially Donkey Kong Country in all its guises.

I have to say, Square Enix have absolutely played DS owners. :p

Not content with the paltry sum they'd have received if it had gone to the virtual console, they add touch features and some extras to sell it as a full price DS game.

It's a great game though, and since it's never come to Europe before it deserves to sell for full price here once. One of my favourite ever games.

Yea....that one doesn't work now since last I checked Flea's hair was short again. Besides, other than long hair he's still not feminine.