NEurope
welsh_gamer

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Step into the shoes of the legendary hero, Indiana Jones, in an all new epic adventure! Set in the year 1939, Indiana Jones® and the Staff of Kings™ follows the rogue archaeologist on an all-new globe-trotting quest.

From San Francisco's Chinatown to the lush jungles of Panama, Indy must use his whip, fists and wits to fight through ruthless opposition as he spars with his nemesis, Magnus Völler, in a race for a relic of biblical proportions — the Staff of Moses.

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings features completely interactive environments, where players need to call upon their wits and daring to make each spring-loaded environment a weapon in order to dispense of foes in clever and unexpected ways. Also, embark upon thrilling action sequences that remain true to the spirit established in scenes such as Indy's pursuit of the motorcade in Raiders of the Lost Ark, the mine-cart scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and the free-for-all aboard the tank in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Product Information

Wield your Wii Remote™ like Indy’s signature whip for a variety of uses — from combat to navigation to puzzle-solving.

Use your highly interactive Hot Set™ environments and your wits to defeat your enemies.

Explore exotic locations around the globe in an all-new story that puts you on an epic quest for the Staff of Moses.

Apply your smarts to navigate Indy through challenging terrains with the many maneuvers Indy can do with his whip.

Engage in burst gunplay moments and use careful aim and the environment to take out enemies.

Face overwhelming odds and escape signature run-for-your-life moments, like a daring escape from a collapsing temple, by matching fast-paced onscreen gesture prompts.

Experience thrilling chases and control vehicles — fly a biplane in a canyon trench, take the reigns of a wild elephant through the streets of Istanbul and navigate a raft down a raging river.

Cooperative gameplay mode allows you and a friend to brave the challenges in a variety of game modes in an entirely new quest with a familiar character never playable before in an Indy game.

Unlock four-player versus mode where you and your friends go head-to-head in a real biplane combat or take on three of your friends in a free for all tank battle!

Whether you are brawling baddies or wielding your whip, use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ as nature intended with the intuitive gesture-based combat system.

Discover more than 20 artifacts and rewarding unlockables throughout the game.

For those old-school gamers there is nothing better than unlocking the classic Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis game!

On the Nintendo DS, use the stylus as the whip to swing over pits, brawl with enemies and to explore the world.

The PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system version features six robust types of burst gameplay including combat and physics challenges, puzzles and the trademark Indiana Jones chase sequences.

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot7.jpg

screenshot5.jpg

Hmmm.... Shame about the graphics, if those indeed are the Wii one's. At least the backgrounds look nice, plus we get two games for the price of one as 'Fate of Atlantis' is an unlockable game.

Holy crap, this looks like a PS1 game. Well perhaps not that extreme but surely they could do better?

Can't expect much more from the graphics seeing as it's coming out on the PSP as well so they'll probably just make the game so it can easily be worked on and run on both pieces of hardware. Sucks really.

I'm sure it'll look pretty nice running! Hopefully though the gameplay is excellent and like the Xbox Indiana Jones, which was amazing! With added wii-mote controls this could be alot of fun!

I'm sure it'll look pretty nice running! Hopefully though the gameplay is excellent and like the Xbox Indiana Jones, which was amazing! With added wii-mote controls this could be alot of fun!

...Stop dreaming.

:cry:

Did the Indaina Jones projects run out of money on the PS3 and 360 and now the Wii is being given this trash to get a bit of cash back? Or is this being rushed out while the new film is still in memory? Either way this is horrible.

Wait for it, this will sell millions and go towards funding for a vastly superior PS3/360 Indy game, probably the one planned for the Euphoria engine.

Yay another 'review the Wii version based on a few screenshots' thread!

Like Owen says, its probably alot of fun and will look fine in motion. I find it comical that Wii owners have suddenly become graphic whores.

I'm not being a graphics whore but really, those are the PSP graphics and will most definitely be carried over to the Wii version, albeit with a bit more lighting and a few other token effects. All I'm really getting at is that I don't see why the Wii should have to settle for games which are basically being ported, graphics-wise, over from the PSP. PS2 is fine because there are some good looking titles that have come over.

Perhaps it'll play well but the whole whip cracking on the wii-mote has me skeptical. Didn't they let you do that in Lego Indiana Jones? I can't remember cause it was so awful but I believe it did. Obviously, in this more work will go into the controls but I'm still remaining skeptical. I'll wait for impressions/hands-on articles before I pass judgement.

Yay another 'review the Wii version based on a few screenshots' thread!

Like Owen says, its probably alot of fun and will look fine in motion. I find it comical that Wii owners have suddenly become graphic whores.

I hate graphics whores but this to me in not being a grahpics whore its just plain unacceptable. This game looks repulisive and unless things change or it looks much better in. Here is a screenshot from the N64 Indy game. Yep N64 two generations ago...

indy_010.jpg

and here is the Wii game again

screenshot2.jpg

Wait for it, this will sell millions and go towards funding for a vastly superior PS3/360 Indy game, probably the one planned for the Euphoria engine.

Ha this will sell millions!? hardly ,it doesn't even have a real movie name and looks like shit nah..

Doesn't help much that the last movie was god awful either.

...Stop dreaming.

:cry:

Lets give it a chance at least! I like to see a video of it running before passing a final judgement.

Well i'm passing on this. If they put more effort in and make the graphics better then the N64 then i'd consider it :heh:

The thing is that it's not because we're graphics whores. It's just following the simple logic that a lack of effort on one department speaks for the effort made on the project on the whole. Ergo, this doesn't look incredibly promising.

I find it comical that Wii owners have suddenly become graphic whores.
Well if wanting Wii games to actually look even half decent, not like a year 1 PS2 game and actually have developers put some effort in, is being a graphics whore; then I guess that's what I am!

The thing is that it's not because we're graphics whores. It's just following the simple logic that a lack of effort on one department speaks for the effort made on the project on the whole. Ergo, this doesn't look incredibly promising.

Pretty much how I see things. If there's a lack of graphics then there's a lack of gameplay etc.

Is being a graphics whore better N64 graphics on the Wii? Nah.

I'm not sure what to think really. Graphically it looks like a PS1 game with an attempt at making them look better without trying too well.

If this is coming to the PSP as well, why use a same game engine to bring it out on both formats. Could at least make it better looking and stuff.

I'll wait for actual gaming footage before final judgement.

What's suprising is that Nintendo Power is making this their main feature in their next issue. ::shrug:

It's not like there's a lack of games to cover, and I'm sure they know what the reaction is going to be like towards the graphics.