NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Far Cry 2

The entire game is basically tanning around Africa while setting large sections of it on fire. Chances are you'll know if want this game based solely on that premise.

this just in after my first session: Anyone who doesn't love this game as the most immersive, beautifully crafted open world game on the bleeding edge of what videogames are capable of is a moron. This game is fucking amazing

this just in after my first session: Anyone who doesn't love this game as the most immersive, beautifully crafted open world game on the bleeding edge of what videogames are capable of is a moron. This game is fucking amazing

I second this emotion.

I'm playing it on PC on full everything and I can say it's a very nice and immersive looking game.

sometimes the brilliant chaos in this game ends up being a bit of a curse. I just drove bloody miles across the map but didn't stop at my safehouse to save. Then, round the corner I got attacked by a jeep patrol who just ran me over after the AI just kinda spazzed out over the grenade I hurled their way. Infuriating.

It can be a bit harsh, but I kind of like it like that - it adds a lot of tension to firefights and encourages you to find alternate routes to avoid trouble, knowing that there isn't an instant bailout if it all goes awry.

oh, fo sho. When it works it's fucking wicked.

I had a mission earlier where shit kicked off royally. I was left with nought but a rusty AK, a bone dry Mac-10 and a single RPG round and I had to get half way across the Southern Map aaaaand kill like 10 heavily armed dudes with all sorts of kit when I got there. Pure adrenaline.

I'd just like to add that this game is much better with the music turned off; the sound effects are excellent and they're really all you need.

Far Cry 2 certainly isn't for everyone — and even if you like it, it will infuriate you at times — but it's a game of 'moments', of player made stories that you just have to tell people. There's a lot that could be improved, but if you're prepared to persevere then there's also a lot to appreciate.

Sign in to follow this