N-Europe

LiArs, Big-Heads, Cockiness! ARGH!

Owen

Hmm. Sometimes I feel I have two brains too, but perhaps it's really your heart conflicting with your head. Deciding which one to go with is always the difficult thing, because your heart will most likely let you get hurt time and time again. While your head will stop you from living life. I suppose its up to you to some how get them to work together. Don't know how to go about that because I haven't learnt how myself. I've considered moving away from my home town , and although it is a big step consider what you're leaving behind and if its something worth staying for.

Yeah your right about the heart conflicting your head.

I have weighed it up..i mean..i like my house, my room etc..sounds stupid..erm..it's very secure and not alot of bad things happen in my neighbourhood and i do have 3 girl mates, one particular (seeing as i've known her since Year 4) i would miss loads..thats about it..

Though saying that i adore Colchester and thats like 20 minutes up the road, so thats not out of reach..it's just getting the ability to do something about it..and would i need to move? i mean..i could just travel up there..then come back here..it's all confusing..i don't know...lol

Owen, remember one thing: every single thing about your life happens because you let it happen, you're the only person responsible for making it all better or worst. Now stop complaining and get to work! Don't sit around waiting for life to happen to you, go out and grab it by the balls, damn it! And I'm not being an asshole, I'm giving a very precious advice... take control of your life while you still can, or you'll end up like my uncle and eventually kill yourself because of the mess you made with your life. So get the fuck up and do something about it.

Owen, remember one thing: every single thing about your life happens because you let it happen, you're the only person responsible for making it all better or worst. Now stop complaining and get to work! Don't sit around waiting for life to happen to you, go out and grab it by the balls, damn it! And I'm not being an asshole, I'm giving a very precious advice... take control of your life while you still can, or you'll end up like my uncle and eventually kill yourself because of the mess you made with your life. So get the fuck up and do something about it.

I agree dude, i really do...i'm not being weak..it's just..i wanna do what your saying..but it's taking that first step i suppose.

Moving 20 minutes away might be a good idea. Like nightwolf said, simply changing the framework of your life will allow you to open up and think differently, even if it doesn't that have that much practical effect. You see, to me it sounds like you're stuck in your own problems and misery. You can't seem to get out of it and you are going around in circles. Like O_W said, even though it may be a big and hard step, grab life by the balls and change it. I know you are getting one overused, cliché-like, therapeutic piece of advice after the other thrown in your head from us, but fact is they're effective: Your life is yours, not theirs. Should they be allowed to make your life bad? Hell, no! In the words of well-known Danish ranger B.S. Christiansen: "I don't make promises for the new year. If I'm unhappy about something regarding my life, I change it."

Also, your good guy attitude really shines through. You immediately think you're the source of the problems when you're obviously not. It's good to be nice to people. But if they're not nice in return, it's their problem, not yours. Confront them with it or quite simply drop them. It's a shame if there aren't many nice people around you, but then you have to get out and meet new people - again a benefit of moving.

It may still seem to you that the good guys always lose. And if there are bad guys around, they sometimes will. But remember this: When you're around good guys and you're a good guy yourself - that tops all. Being nice to people who are nice to you in return is the best feeling there is. It's an incontrovertible truth.

Hold your head high. Take control of your life. Know who you are, be who you are - and be happy with yourself. :)

Sometimes that means changing who you are. I believe this is the case.

Of course. That's kinda what I was trying to get through. You shouldn't be someone you don't want to be. Be who you want to be, not who others want you to be. If you're unhappy about yourself, change yourself into what you want to be.

Of course, you have to know what is good and what is bad to be. Don't become an anorexic because you find yourself fat when in reality you're not. It would also be bad to turn into a cocky, lying big-head yourself. It can be difficult to get to know yourself, but our Owen here seems to know what is right and what is wrong. :)